Best Bass Fishing Rod in 2017
When it comes to bass fishing, you know that you never want to skimp on the kind of rod that you get. It is incredibly important that you have a quality fishing rod that is both sensitive and durable, so that you have a good feel for your catch while not having to worry about if your rod is going to snap.
If you are looking for a new fishing rod, today we are going to go over some of your options. Let’s take a look at some of the best bass fishing rods in 2017 and what they have to offer.
Table of Contents
6 Best Bass Fishing Rod - Reviews
1. Maxcatch One-Piece Bass Fishing rod
What we really like about this rod this rod is that it is one solid piece of high modulus IM8 a graphite with an easy to hold AAA grade cork handle.
This rod is incredibly lightweight and really strong, while the cork grip makes it really comfortable to hold onto your rod. It includes an American Tackle Microwave Guide line control system and a Fuji TVS spinning reel seat too.
- This strong rod is made from IM8 graphite, which allows for greater sensitivity in the rod while you are fishing
- This unique rod uses an American Tackle Microwave guide that provides the perfect line control system. You don’t have to worry about getting your line caught or tangled with this system.
- This new model includes a Fuji TVS spinning reel seat
- This bass fishing rod is made from a AAA grade cork grip handle, which makes it totally ergonomic and easy to hold
- What you may really enjoy about this fishing rod is that it comes with a lifetime limited warranty
- One piece construction so you don’t have to worry about losing pieces or your rod falling apart
- There’s no eye hook on the rod to be able to hook your bait to the top of the cork part of your rod
2. St. Croix Bass X Spinning Rods
This is another excellent, quality-made bass fishing rod that has a lot to offer. The rod itself is made from premium SCII graphite which makes it both incredibly strong and also really sensitive.
It includes hard aluminum oxide guides and black frames which give your line a smooth track to glide along. For the casting models, this rod has a Fuji ECS reel seat and black hood. The rod is coated with two layers of flex coat pure finish, for added durability and a sleek look.
- This rod is made from premium SCII graphite, so it is extremely strong and also impressively sensitive
- This bass fishing rod also includes hard aluminum oxide guides with black frames, which make for a smooth and easy guide for your fishing line
- This rod also comes with a Fuji ECS reel seat and black hood, on the casting models. This provides for the easiest in casting while you are out fishing.
- For protection and style, this rod also has two protective layers of flex coat slow cure finish
- This graphite bass fishing rod also comes with a premium grade split-grip cork handle for an ergonomic design and the maximum amount of comfortability while you are fishing
- The sensitivity might take some getting used to
3. JOHNCOO 7' Carbon Baitcasting Fishing Rod
Let’s take a look at a rod with a slightly different design than the first two rods in this review. This rod is designed from really strong and structurally sound solid carbon fiber.
This provides the rod with formidable strength, when comparing it to other rods. It also gives the rod ample amounts of sensitivity so that you can always have a good sense of good feel for what is on your line. Another thing that you will like about this rod is that it has a lightweight and ergonomic EVA handle, so that you can fish for the entire day out on the water while minimizing fatigue.
- The design of this bass fishing rod is a little different, and the rod itself is a carbon casting fishing rod
- What’s nice about this rod is that it is really lightweight and also tremendously strong for catching bass of any weight.
- This rod is so strong and structurally sound because it is made from an enhanced solid carbon fiber design, which gives the rod ample amounts of strength while letting it keep a high level of sensitivity
- High density EVA handle gives the rod added durability and sensitivity, and the grip adds a greater amount of control and comfort while you are fishing.
- The handle is made from a special design so that you can spend long days out fishing on the water, and the fatigue from gripping the rod will be minimal
- The lower asking price for this rod gives you the sense that it may be made from cheaper materials.
4. Lew's Fishing Bass Casting Rod
This is another incredibly durable rod that is made from top-grade modulus graphite. This material gives your rod the perfect balance of both strength and sensitivity to what you are reeling in.
The blanks on the rod are multi-layered, which give it added durability, and the rod is setup with titanium oxide line inserts which allow your line to slide smoothly across your rod. This rod also comes with soft touch skeletal reel seats, which don’t have edges on them. That way you don’t have to worry about them rubbing your hands and irritating them. This bass fishing rod also has a comfortable grip that is made for any kind of weather conditions, and won’t cause you fatigue after a long day of fishing.
- This is another well made and durable rod that is built with top-grade 85 million modulus, graphite which gives it the perfect amount of both strength and sensitivity
- The blanks on this rod are multi-layered, which give it superior durability over other rods in the same price range
- This bass rod is equipped with titanium oxide line inserts which allow your line to slide smoothly down your rod
- This rod also comes with Lew’s exclusive soft-touch skeletal reel seats which don’t have edges, so you don’t have to worry about rubbing your hands the wrong way
- The handles on this rod are made from advanced polymer wind split grips to give you the ultimate amount of handling control and comfort while you are fishing, and provide comfort in any kind of weather conditions.
- This rod is a little pricier than some other rods in this review
5. St. Croix Mojo Bass Rod
The St. Croix Mojo Bass Casting Rod is loaded with great features that you won’t want to overlook. It is made with Integrated Poly Curve Tooling technology, and the shaft is made from premium high modulus SCII graphite.
This gives the rod plenty of durability and strength while also keeping it sensitive. It also comes with high quality guides and a comfortable split-cork grip handle.
- This rod is made with Integrated Poly Curve tooling technology
- The shaft of the rod itself is made from premium high modulus SCII graphite, which gives it the maximum amount of strength and durability while also making it incredibly sensitive
- This rod uses 100 percent linear S-glass on the Mojo Bass Glass casting models
- This rod comes with Kigan master hand 3-dimensional guides, which feature sli and strong aluminum oxide rings with black frames around them
- This bass rod also comes with a Fuji ECS reel seat with black hood on their spinning models
- It comes with a comfortable premium grade split-grip cork handle for maximum comfortability and reduced fatigue while fishing.
- This rod does not ship in a protective tube, so it could risk breaking on the way to you
6. Okuma's Tournament EVX-S-702Ma
Okuma’s Tournament rod is the final high quality fishing rod choice that we are going to take a look at today. It is made with IM8 rod blanks, and comes with stainless steel guide frames that make for the fluid movement of your fishing line. This rod also comes with zirconium guide inserts for the braided line, and a Fuji DPS carbon reel seat.
- This rod is made with responsive and high quality IM8 rod blanks
- Comes with stainless steel guide frames, that provide for easy movement of your fishing line
- This rod also comes with zirconium guide inserts for the braided line
- This bass rod is equipped with a Fuji DPS carbon reel seat
- Another aspect of this rod that you will really like is that it comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Comes with either premium cork full or split-grips
- This rod is a little more stiff and a little less sensitive than some of the other rods that we have looked at.
Out of all of these fishing rods, which one did you see as the top performer? For us, that happened to be the St. Croix Bass X Fishing Rod. This rod has everything that you need in terms of comfort, durability, sensitivity, and all of the features that you need to have an enjoyable, high-performance fishing rod. Take a close look at this rod to see if it may be the perfect one for you.