Best Beach Toys For Kids – Must Have Beach Collections Listed!
Kids love playing at the beach and that’s a fact! The sun, sand and surf have a strong hold on their imagination and, thus, feeds on their creativity.
The sun is also an important source of Vitamin D, a nutrient essential for building strong bones, while the sand and sea provides them with a wide range of sensory experiences – the fineness of dry sand, the kinetic quality of wet sand, and the coolness of the water.
Children also like to play with the sand and seawater, such as by building sandcastles and creating shapes before decorating them with things picked up from the beach like seashells, rocks and twigs.
Table of Contents
- Best Beach Toys For Kids Comparisons
- Reviews of Best Beach Toys For Kids
- 1. John Deere Sandbox Vehicle 2 Pack
- 2. Toysmith Deluxe Beach Set
- 3. Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Seaside Sidekicks Sand Baking Set
- 4. Prextex 19 Piece Beach Toys Sand Toys Set
- 5. Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Speck Seahorse Sand Ice Cream Play Set
- 6. Jazzminton Standard – The Paddle Game to Rule Them All
- 7. Squap Paddles & Ball Outdoor and Beach Game by Simba
- 8. JOYIN 21 Pieces Summer Toys
- 9. 23pc Kids Beach Toys Set, Sandbox Toys
- 10. Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Seaside Sidekicks Sand Cookie-Baking Set
- Final Verdict
Best Beach Toys For Kids Comparisons
7 x 4 x 6 inches
7 x 10 x 7 inches
12 x 12 x 4 inches
5 x 5 x 10 inches
7.5 x 7.5 x 6.5 inches
8.2 x 1.8 x 7.8 inches
8 x 7.7 x 7.4 inches
12 x 12 x 4 inches
By playing, they are also provided the opportunity to develop their social skills like effective communication and role playing, acquire problem-solving skills, and learn about the world around them.
The bottom line: Parents are well-advised to buy the best beach toys for kids so that they can enjoy the physical and mental benefits that come with playing on the beach.
Reviews of Best Beach Toys For Kids
What better place to pretend about transporting heavy loads on trucks and tractors than on the beach?
Children will love placing as much sand as the toy truck and tractor can hold, pushing them to another place, and dumping the load, just as they see on their favorite television shows.
These toy vehicles are also designed for sandy places, thanks to their large rolling wheels that can move easily through the soft surface.
These also have an operational dump bed and a front loader, both of which mimic the actions of real-life trucks and tractors. Your kids will definitely have fun operating these features, such as loading and unloading sand, seashells, and pebbles.
- Encourages creative play and basic math skills (i.e., learning sufficient volumes and counting numbers)
- Younger and older children will enjoy playing with the toy vehicles
- Sturdy plastic materials
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor play
- Colorful components
- Operational features similar to the real vehicles
- Comes with just a few accessories
Sculpting sand into whatever shape comes to mind is among the children’s most enjoyable activities at the beach.
In fact, they will likely spend more hours on sand play than on water play, especially when they have yet to learn proper swimming.
This is also a good thing for parents because they don’t have to worry about drowning accidents for as long as their kids are playing with sand.
The Toysmith Beach Set is then a great toy to bring to the beach so that your kids will have hours of sand play. This set contains several colorful molds, as well as a bucket, plastic shovel, watering can, rake, sieve, shovel, and spade.
Your children will definitely be able to use these toys in handling and shaping sand into their desired shapes, even making ever-larger sand structures.
- Gives children the basic tools to start building sand structures
- Simple design that even younger children can recognize their uses
- Sturdy materials used for the toys
- Comes with its own bag for easy portability and storage
- More sand-building accessories could have been included for the price, according to some parents
With several cooking and baking shows on television, even one or two cooking shows featuring junior chefs, children as young as three years old are already showing a strong interest in these activities.
While in the beach, kids can start practicing their cooking and baking skills via sand play, which may well translate to the kitchen with real ingredients and utensils.
The Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch sand baking set is a great choice for this purpose. The set comes with several molds, most of which are inspired by wonderful sea creatures, and other basic tools that children can immediately use after unpacking.
Your kids and their playmates will also love the vibrant colors of the toys, which will stand out from the sand’s color whether it’s white, black or light brown.
- Colorful toys that will definitely attract kids’ attention
- Comes with several molds for creative play
- Can be used to teach kids about sea creatures
- Encourages imaginative play
- Made of relatively thick plastic
- Limited aged range due to size of the toys
Children love making castles in the sand, no matter that their appearance isn’t as castle-like as they would like.
The more important things, after all, are that they play with others and use their imagination.
But if parents want to encourage their children to build more lifelike castles, the Prextex Beach Toy Set is a great gift for the summer season!
With the 12-piece set, your children can make their own versions of sand castles with basic tools and get results that will delight them.
The set consists of several colorful molds in various shapes and sizes, as well as a shovel, a rake, a watering can, and a sand sifter, all of which are smaller versions of the tools used by professional sand castle builders.
- Comes with all the tools needed for building sand castles – only sand and water is needed
- Can be used in both the beach and on a sandbox
- Tools are appropriately sized for small hands
- Brings out the imagination, even the basic engineering skills, in children
- Less than sturdy plastic, according to a few customers
Enjoying cold ice cream while on the beach on a warm summer day is among the most anticipated activities for both parents and their children.
No wonder then that the Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Speck Seahorse Sand Ice Cream play set is included in many lists of best beach toys for children!
The set contains most of the tools needed to make sand ice cream, such as the 2 cones, 2 scoops and a sprinkles shaker as well as a plastic bucket. Each of these pieces is made of sturdy plastic so these can be used for a year or so with proper care.
The pieces aren’t just sand toys because these can also be learning tools, particularly in allowing kids to explore their creativity and develop their finger dexterity.
- Colorful and durable plastic
- Promotes creative and cooperative play among kids
- Scoops can be used for other sand play activities aside from ice cream-making
- More molds may be necessary so as to expand range of shapes
The Funsparks Jazzminton set is geared toward older children, at least 6 years old, because of the more advanced gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination skills required for enjoyable games.
Of course, even younger children can play with the set under adult supervision just to be on the safe side.
The set comes with two colorful paddles with ribbed grips and ergonomic handles for better play, as well as 4 shuttlecocks. There are 2 shuttlecocks for fast play and 2 more for slow play so your children can change the pace of the game.
- Relatively solid build quality for the paddles
- Provides kids and adults with the opportunity to exercise on and off the beach
- Fun game to play
- Safe to play even for younger kids
- Flimsy shuttlecocks although these can be replaced with other types
Children as young as 6 years old can be introduced to the game of baseball, particularly its physical aspect (i.e., actual games), although the proper safety gear should also be mandatory.
But if you’re concerned about the speeding ball accidentally hitting your children as they play baseball, you may consider the Squap Paddles for beach use.
The set comes with two bright orange pop paddles with their sturdy black frames and four colorful balls. Your children will learn the proper way of throwing balls and hitting them with the pop paddles, skills that require good hand-eye coordination.
You can introduce them to baseball without worrying about ball-related accidents as the balls are of soft quality.
- Allows children to improve their physical skills in baseball
- Sturdy paddles and balls
- Reduced risk of injury due to soft balls
- Provides hours of fun on and off the beach
- Paddles may be too small for older children
This set contains 20 pieces so your children will definitely have more beach toys to play with!
There are 6 beach balls in various colors, 3 inflatable hammers, 3 squirt guns, 5 squirt toys, and 3 play sunglasses, all of which can be brought along to the beach in a bag.
You can even inflate the inflatable hammers on the beach to conserve space in your trunk.
With so many toys in the set, your children can share them with others on the beach thus giving way to cooperative play. You will appreciate that your children are expanding their imagination while also making new friends.
- Many toys in the set so children can share them
- Can be used on the beach and pool
- More game types, such as ball games and water games
- Colorful designs
- Sunglasses don’t provide protection for the eyes
Yet another beach toy set that contains more toys than the others in this list is the 23-piece Kangaroo Beach Toys Set.
There are so many toys in the set that your kids will want to share them with their playmates and, thus, extend their fun.
The set comes with several molds, tools and other sand sculpting items.
- Pieces come in different colors essential for color identification
- Can be used in a sandbox, on the beach, or in the pool
- Promotes cooperative play among kids
- Reasonable price
- Minor defects in the plastic, according to a few customers
Even the youngest kids will love cooking – or at least, helping out adults in the kitchen through doable tasks that their small hands can perform, such as mixing the cookie batter.
But since cooking can also be messy with small children around, most parents wait until they are old enough to learn basic skills like cracking eggs.
With the Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Seaside Sidekicks Sand Cookie Set, fortunately, you can let even the smallest kids “bake” their own sand cookies, even make a mess without the adults cleaning up after them.
The kit already comes with the tools – as toys, of course – needed for making sand cookies, such as the cookies cutters, cookie sheet, and rolling pen. The cookie cutters can even be used to make more imaginative shapes so your kids can expand their repertoire.
- Complete “baking” set
- Easy to clean
- Vibrant colors
- Boosts creative play with sand and seawater
- Size suitable only for toddlers and preschoolers
When your children have one or two of these beach toys, they will surely have a blast at the beach – or anywhere they want to bring it, such as to the sandbox, the park, and even to school. We consider these as the best beach toys for the money because of their balance in attractive design and affordable price.
As a parent, you also have the responsibility of ensuring that your children are well-protected from the sun’s harmful rays and keeping out a watchful eye on them.
You should liberally apply sunscreen on their skin, let them wear appropriate beachwear, and ask them to wear their hats and sunglasses while playing in the sun, among other safety measures.
- 11 of the Best Water Tables for Kids that are Making a Splash Right Now
- 9 Best Binoculars for Kids – Smart Selections By Expert!
- Best Kids Play Tents – Enjoy Your Baby’s Playtime!
- Best Sleds For Kids In 2020 – Snow Fun For The LittleRiders!
- Best Kites For Kids – Top Rated Kites Reviewed!
- Best Outdoor Playhouses For Kids – Which One To Buy?