Best Fishing Backpack in 2017 – Pack Everything You Need In One Bag!
But what are you going to keep everything in?
A fishing backpack can be a great solution to this question, but you don’t want just any fishing backpack. You want the best, right?
This article will give you some things to consider when looking for the best fishing backpack, as well as reviews of some of the best fishing backpacks on the market today.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Fishing Backpack - Comparison
- Things to Consider - Best Fishing Backpack
- Our 10 Picks of Best Fishing Backpacks in 2017
- 1. Wild River Lighted Compact Backpack
- 2. Shimano Blackmoon Fishing Backpacks
- 3. Wild River Multi-Tackle Large Backpack
- 4. Glacier Glove All-in-one River Pack
- 5. Tackle TimeFishing Backpack
- 6. Phantom Aquatics Waterproof Backpack
- 7. Fishing Tackle Storage Bag Backpack
- 8. Fiblink Waterproof Fishing Tackle Backpack
- 9. Superfisher Fishing Duffle Backpack
- 10. Calcutta Framed Tackle Backpack
- Final Verdict
10 Best Fishing Backpack - Comparison
Things to Consider - Best Fishing Backpack
Weight should always be something you are considering when it comes to an outdoor activity like fishing.
Weight should always be something you are considering when it comes to an outdoor activity like fishing. All of your tackle and poles will add a lot of weight, and you want to make sure that you aren’t carrying around extraneous weight from your backpack too.
What you want is the lightest fishing backpack you can get without losing any durability. After all, a fishing backpack can be very light and still be terrible at its main job.
This should be one of the most important considerations for any serious fisher looking to buy a fishing backpack. A fishing backpack is only as good as its storage space. If you don’t have enough space, then you might as well carry your gear loose or in some kind of unseemly, heavy crate. It’s important that the storage space in the backpack is well organized too, though.
A backpack with only one big space to store everything offers a lot of storage, but would be a terrible fishing backpack. Similarly, a fishing backpack with many small storage spaces would only be useful for specific circumstances.
Try to strike the right balance when buying your fishing backpack.
This is not a make or break feature of a fishing backpack. Hopefully your fishing backpack will remain mostly dry.
In those rare circumstances when your hand might slip, or when you might have to quickly set your bag down, it can be comforting to know that your equipment will be safe from the water because your bag is waterproofed.
Sometimes, though, a waterproofed bag also means a more expensive bag. Consider your budget when deciding whether or not you need your fishing backpack to be waterproof.
This consideration might not be the first to come to mind because it is not about the utility of the backpack, but it is arguably one of the most important.
Your fishing backpack will be holding a lot of equipment that can be hard to handle, and it can add up in weight. You want to make sure that your fishing backpack will be comfortable on your shoulders, and that it will offer support to your back.
Our 10 Picks of Best Fishing Backpacks in 2017
I have spent countless hours researching the best fishing backpacks available on the market, and made this list.
1. Wild River Lighted Compact Backpack
This is the kind of fishing backpack that most people will think of when they hear you are in the market for
This bag has space for tackle trays, and storage space for other equipment, but it also has a light attached to the bag that can help you out during night fishing.
It also has a rain cover, and many of its pockets and storage spaces are removable, so you can customize this fishing backpack to fit your needs for whatever situation.
- Integrated LED light system allows for fishing
- Protective rain cover for quickly safe everything
- Removable self retracting steel cable lanyard
- Mesh pockets for easy content viewing
- Storage of up to four 3500 style or two of 3600 style trays
- Web loops to secure tools
- Removable plier holder goes from bag to belt so your pliers are easy to find
2. Shimano Blackmoon Fishing Backpacks
Shimano Blackmoon Fishing Backpacks arranges its storage spaces in a slightly different way than most traditional fishing backpacks.
Instead of having a tray space on the front, you can unzip the middle of the bag and unfold it.
This means that there is a lot of space in this bag for storing all of your equipment and more. Shimano Blackmoon Fishing Backpacks is also a very durable bag. That can be especially important as you take this bag out into the elements.
- Mesh rod holders on both sides
- Zippered side pockets for extra storage
- Durable textured fabric construction
- Thick padded shoulder straps for comfort
- Includes 2 Plano 3750 utility boxes
3. Wild River Multi-Tackle Large Backpack
Wild River Multi-Tackle Large Backpack can be ordered with or without trays for your tackle. Regardless of that choice, you can be sure that this fishing backpack will have plenty of space for all of your equipment.
It is also made with comfort in mind. You’ll find that you can carry this fishing backpack all day and night without feeling uncomfortable.
- Lower tray compartment for storage of up to four#3600 style trays
- Large upper storage area with removable divider
- Front pocket cover folds down to provide a handy work surface
- Large adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Sternum strap for all day comfort and fit
- Clear internal pocket to keep your maps
4. Glacier Glove All-in-one River Pack
This bag is also very different than most normal fishing backpacks. In fact, this bag is known as a river pack.
This means that it serves many of the same functions of a, Glacier Glove All-in-one River Pack but that it offers a lot more for other scenarios too.
In fact, this kind of bag offers many of the same benefits of a hiking bag, but it also has proximity to water in mind too.
Because it can do a lot more, this bag is a bit heavier, but it also means you will never be in a situation where this pack cannot hold on to whatever you need to be stored.
- The Complete Angler's pack
- Room for gear, reels, tippet, and an H2O bladder holder
- extra storage on top
- Features a wading boot holder
- wader compartment with attached changing mat
5. Tackle TimeFishing Backpack
There are two great qualities that make this Tackle Time Fishing Backpack a serious consideration for any fisher that is looking for a good product: lightweight and versatility.
The TackleTime fishing backpack is very lightweight thanks to a lightweight material.
Furthermore, it’s very versatile, and it can be used for more than just fishing. You can also use this backpack for hunting, hiking, and about any other situation you can think of.
- Multiple individual pockets for utensils and tools
- Versatile for fishing or personal needs.
- Spacious main compartment easily store any gear.
- Separate insulated foil lined storage section - Hydration reservoir compatible
- Hand held 2-stage knife sharpener included
6. Phantom Aquatics Waterproof Backpack
The most important feature of this backpack is in the title - it is really waterproof.
That is Phantom Aquatics Waterproof Backpack is best because this bag is really more of a dry bag than another fishing backpack.
This can have its benefits over traditional bags, though. If you are expecting to be in the water when you’re fishing, or if you just have a clumsy streak, then this bag will make sure that anything inside it will stay bone dry.
- Roll-top 100% waterproof backpack
- Floats safely if dropped in water
- Protects contents from dust, sand, dirt and water
- Unique High Frequency welded construction
- Two-way sealing system
- Padded shoulder straps and lumbar support
- Comfortable back panel with air-flow design
- Elasticated front webbing
- Super reflective patches on the front of the bag and both shoulder straps
- Large internal zip pocket
7. Fishing Tackle Storage Bag Backpack
This Fishing Tackle Storage Bag Backpack is not like the other Fishing Backpack on this list.
Instead of sitting on both shoulders and on the top of the back like the others, this fishing backpack sits to one side on the lower part of your back.
This might seem strange at first, but it can have some real advantages. If you need to get to something in your bag quickly, then you will likely not have time to drop whatever you’re holding and take your bag off of your back. With this backpack, you don’t have to.
Because of its different design, you can reach things in your backpack just by reaching back. It does not offer as much storage as some of the other bags on this list, but nothing beats it in the category of accessibility.
- This tackle bag will store and protect your gear
- Impact design brings you beauty and confidence with more compliment.
- Compartments to organize men or women's stuffs
- Super convenient sized main bag
- Attached with a strap and a securing lock for wearing convenience.
One of the things I like about the 18th-century living history is that there is always more to learn, always more skills and activities to participate in, I do not consider myself a fisherman, but I do enjoy fishing for food.
According to the United Nations FAO statistics, the total number of commercial fishermen and fish farmers is estimated to be 38 million, in the year 2005, the worldwide per capita consumption of fish captured from wild fisheries was 14.4kilograms.
For years now, fishermen have been carrying their fishing gear in really small old school metal fishing kits that were not super compatible and well suited for their fishing activities. Well, just wanted to take you through a brief history of fishing and fishing kits before introducing the Fiblink waterproof fishing tackle backpack.
That is the modern way of carrying your fishing gear to your esteemed fishing spot built with a heavy-duty, water-resistant nylon construction. Unlike other backpacks, with the Fiblink waterproof sport single shoulder fishing tackle backpack, you don't have to worry when your gear happens to fall into the water or when it starts raining.
It features a zippered main compartment, and an integrated id holder that holds in place your tools and your identification card. This eases your stress if at all you end up losing your backpack.
The Fiblink Waterproof Fishing Tackle Backpack also has multiple zippered and vented pockets to hold your gear in place. Additionally, there is a large ergonomic shoulder strap that can be deployed under heavy loads the bag and protect your gear no matter where your adventure takes you.
- Affordable, versatile and very spacious
- Size of main padding compartment (12"*8.7*6)
- Offers two roomy exterior zippered compartments for maximum storage
- Multiple inner storage compartments that can be used for multiple purposes like carrying food, drinks and fishing gear
- Features a padded adjustable, left and right exchangeable shoulder strap
- Made of a modern heavy duty water resistant denier nylon
- Fixed with a top handle with a reinforcement strap
- Full-length double zipper that extends from one end to the other
9. Superfisher Fishing Duffle Backpack
The first thing that you will probably notice about Superfisher Fishing Duffle Backpack is that it is a little different than most.
In fact, this backpack is, as the name suggests, more of a duffle bag than a traditional backpack.
The biggest feature of this kind of bag is that you will have plenty of space. Plus, this bag is the XXL version, so you can pretty well guarantee that everything is going to fit in this bag nicely - except maybe your catch!
- High quality thicken cloth
- Heat resistance, not sticky
- Acid resistant fabric
- Front pocket cover folds down to provide a handy work surface
- Large adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Easy access front pocket, 6 pockets total
- 22" Long x 7" Wide x 15" Tall
10. Calcutta Framed Tackle Backpack
Calcutta Framed Tackle Backpack offers many of the same benefits as other traditional fishing backpacks.
It has waterproof
It also comes with tackle trays and a specific space for these trays. If what you are looking for is the standard kind of fishing backpack, then this one could definitely be the one for you.
- Multi functional backpack with storage and pocket
- Designed for anglers who demand quality and performance
- Features 3-360 trays and lure storage
- Waterproof pouch system
- Padded pockets and breathable foam back support
Making a decision on a fishing backpack can be tricky. It’s hard to know what things you will need out of your backpack until you get out in the water. Fortunately, we have offered some reminders of some of the most important things to consider.
Plus, any fisherman would be well suited if they had their equipment stored away in any of the backpacks we have listed here. It’s just a matter of what features you need to make sure you get that perfect catch every time.