Best Fishing Coolers in 2019 – Marine Ice Chest Tested & Reviewed
A fishing cooler is always useful for any fishing expedition. You can take them with you same as a fising bag on the boat or keep it by your side while you fish. A fishing cooler is an excellent way to make sure your catch stays fresh.
UV light and salt spray can affect the taste of the fish, especially once you catch it. A great fishing cooler can protect your catch from any harmful bacteria from growing on your fish. You can find some in all different sizes and for any fishing duties you are doing.
There are some things you should consider before starting your search for a new fishing cooler.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Fishing Coolers – Comparisons
- Best Fishing Coolers – Reviews
- 1. AO Coolers Vinyl Fishing Soft Cooler
- 2. Igloo Marine Breeze Roller Cooler
- 3. Coleman 48-Quart Hunting/Fishing Cooler
- 4. Igloo Quick and Cool Cooler
- 5. ENGEL USA DeepBlue Series Coolers
- 6. CANYON Insulated Fish Cooler Bags
- 7. Coleman 100 Quart 5 Marine Cooler
- 8. Igloo Super Tough STX Cooler
- 9. Pelican Products ProGear Elite Cooler
- 10. Elkton Fish Cooler Bag
- How To Buy Fishing Coolers?
- Final Verdict
10 Best Fishing Coolers – Comparisons
|AO Coolers||12 x 10 x 21||2.2 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Igloo Ice Cube Marine Ultra Roller Cooler||21.31×19.25×20||16.8 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|the Coleman hunting and fishing cooler||5.71×5.02×10.73||7.5 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Elkton Fish Cooler Bag||13 x 16||1.4 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|The Quick and Cool Cooler||21 x 20 x 43||24 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|The Engel USA DeepBlue Series High-Performance Coolers||16.5×16.75×29.88||28 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|CANYON Fish Bag||16.5×16.75×29.88||8.4 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Coleman 100 Quart Xtreme® 5 Marine Cooler||31.1 x 15.9 x 17.1||10 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|The Rubbermaid Marine Cooler||18 x 20.5 x 46||34.2 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Pelican Progear Elite Marine Cooler||18.75 x 20 x 26.41||32.16 pounds||Check Latest Price|
Best Fishing Coolers – Reviews
1. AO Coolers Vinyl Fishing Soft Cooler
AO Coolers fishing cooler has soft sides and a tough, waterproof vinyl exterior. It can hold ice for 24 hours, even in 120-degree weather.
It is also useful for boating, parties, hunting, or going to sporting events. The shoulder strap is removable with a side pocket you can put the strap or anything else inside to keep it dry.
The AO Coolers Vinyl Fishing Soft Cooler has twice the insulation as other soft-sided coolers to keep your ice from melting. There is a leak-proof liner to prevent any holes or spots from leaking out. You can put straight ice or any ice packs inside.
- Features a removable shoulder strap
- Twice the insulation of other soft-sided coolers
- Soft-sided cooler guaranteed to hold ice for 24 hours in 120 degree weather; 36-can capacity
- Perfect for fishing, boating, hunting
- Tough, waterproof vinyl exterior
2. Igloo Marine Breeze Roller Cooler
Igloo Ice Cube Marine Ultra Roller Cooler has wheels and a handle you can use to take easily it from place to place. There is a deep storage compartment in the lid to keep non-perishable and personal items. It has a recessed, drip resistant drain plug to let the water out instead of tipping it over and pouring out excess water.
There is molded side cooler handles to help you pick it up. UV inhibitors prevent any sun damage. It is durable enough to withstand any environment and is high-density plastic. Two detachable fishing rod holds hold your fishing rod. The handle can be adjusted and pushes into the container.
- Recessed, drip resistant drain plug
- Molded-in side cooler handles for lifting
- UV inhibitors guard against sun damage
- Includes two detachable fishing rod holders
3. Coleman 48-Quart Hunting/Fishing Cooler
the Coleman hunting and fishing cooler can hold the biggest feature. It can hold 63 cans and 17 lbs. of ice.
Any two-liter bottle can fit upright so your soda will not fizz and start becoming flat. It is rustproof and very durable against the elements.
The leak-resistant drain is easy to get rid of any excess water without the need for tipping the container over. There are two-way handles that let you lift the cooler from one position to another. The color pattern is perfect for blending in while out in the woods.
- Holds 63 cans plus 17 lbs. of ice
- Holds 2-liter bottles upright
- Rustproof, leak-resistant drain
- 2-way handles for easy lifting
4. Igloo Quick and Cool Cooler
The Quick and Cool Cooler is polyethylene, which helps keep your catch insulated. The insulated body and lid will store ice for seven days, even when temperatures reach 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
The quick-access hatch allows you to get to the contents without releasing any cold air.
The reinforced swing-up handles feature a tie-down loop to attach it to your truck or boat. The dual snap-fit latches keep the lid secure, even when it’s on its side. The threaded drain plug allows you to hook up a hose for easy draining.
- Reinforced swing-up handles with tie-down loop feature
- Dual snap-fit latches secure lid closure
- Threaded drain plug for hose hook up
- Ultratherm insulated body and lid keep
5. ENGEL USA DeepBlue Series Coolers
The Engel USA DeepBlue Series High-Performance Coolers have two-inch walls with a plastic interior and polyurethane insulation to keep food cold.
It has a non-skid lid to prevent anything from sliding off the top of it. The built-in hand gloves give you a sturdy grip to lift it without the fear of it breaking.
Rope handles are also installed on the sides to keep it tied down in your truck or your boat. The pitched floor makes the water drain itself completely. There are a variety of colors you can choose from to pick your favorite color.
- Best in class ice retention and overall performance
- Holds ice up to 8 days and is Dry ice compatible
- 2 inch thick walls with polyurethane Insulation
- Food grade plastic resists stains and is easy to clean
6. CANYON Insulated Fish Cooler Bags
CANYON Fish Bag was voted the “Gear of the Year” for insulated fishing bags. It includes a stretch and store strap to keep it in storage and can easily roll up into a compact size.
The heavy-duty two-inch web handles let you carry or hoist the cooler to preserve any deck space.
It is customizable with your favorite logos or boat name. The heat-sealed, fiber-interlaced skin construction won’t leak, keeping your area clean. It can hold anywhere between 200-300 lbs. of ice or fish. There is a drain with a hose fitting to clean it quickly.
- Heavy-duty heat-sealed
- Holds 200-300 lbs. Includes a drain
- Bags include a stretch & store strap
- Fiber-interlaced skin construction does not leak
7. Coleman 100 Quart 5 Marine Cooler
Coleman 100 Quart Xtreme® 5 Marine Cooler can hold 130 cans or more than five cases of your favorite canned beverage.
The Xtreme 5 Technology can store ice for five days, even when the temperature hits 90 degrees.
It has an antimicrobial additive that won’t allow growth of odor-causing bacteria. The UV inhibitor will prevent any yellowing from multiple uses.
The two-way side handles and large tow hand gives you the ability to pull the cooler comfortably. The all-terrain wheels let you traverse over any rocks or ruts. The tray and cutting board are installed for convenient food preparation.
- UV inhibitor helps prevents yellowing
- Two-way side handles and large tow handle
- All-terrain wheels for easier moving
- Tray and cutting board included for convenient food
8. Igloo Super Tough STX Cooler
If you are a heavy duty fisherman or hunter, you need to have a heavy duty cooler like the Igloo Super Tough to meet your needs.
This cooler is made with durability in mind, thanks to the stainless steel latches that provide you with a longer lifespan. In fact, it has a body that is 40 percent heavier to increase the durability.
The cooler also features Cool Riser technology™ that gives a multiplied layout for excellent cooling performance. The technology improves cooling performance via raising far away from hot surfaces.
As compared to other existing coolers on the market, this model is designed with very comfortable handles that provide you with a nice grip. It doesn’t matter if you are pulling a heavy load, you can still expect a better performance from the cooler.
Additionally, the cooler features dual stainless steel latches that make it long lasting as well as offering a very tight and secure closure. To prevent damages from the sun, this cooler is designed with UV inhibitors guard so no more worries about damages from the sun.
When it comes to cleaning, expect the best performance. There is a threaded drain plug that provides a quick draining and a super fast cleaning.
There are more features that you will enjoy when you have this cooler such as maximum cold retention, all thanks to the fully foamed lid. The cooler can hold ice for up to 7 days at a temperature of 90 degrees F.
- Cool Riser era™ offers a multiplied design for extraordinary cooling overall performance
- Ultratherm™ insulation and a thick out of doors body assist hold contents cold
- Stainless-steel hinges, latches and lid straps
- Incorporated fish ruler molded on top of the lid
- Bolt-through, comfort-grip handles
9. Pelican Products ProGear Elite Cooler
Pelican Progear Elite Marine Cooler can hold ice for up to ten days because of the freezer grade gasket.
The insulation is polyurethane and is about two-inches thick to preserve your ice. The dual handle system is molded and hinged for easy transportation.
The press and pull latches are ideal for keeping the lid on tight. The non-skid and non-marking raised feet keeps your cooler from slipping away on wet surfaces. The sloped drain lets water drain easily out of the cooler. The tethered plug is perfect for easy cleaning. You can attach a garden hose to help clean.
- Dual Handle System
- Press & Pull Latches
- Non-Skid & Non-Marking Raised Feet
- Sloped Drain & Tethered Threaded Plug
10. Elkton Fish Cooler Bag
Elkton Fish Cooler Bag design is ideal for anyone who doesn’t want to take a giant cooler around with them.
It preserves the flavor of your fish and doesn’t take up a lot of space. It is convenient with the carry handles for easy transportation.
The velcro is easy to fold and store away when you’re not using it. The high-density closed cell foam insulation is surrounded by waterproof fabric. The design is intended to preserve your fish. It is durable with the wide straps to help you carry it, even when you have a full load.
- High-density close cell foam insulation
- Wide durable straps make it easy to carry
- High-density close cell foam insulation surrounded
- Velcro makes it easy to fold and store
How To Buy Fishing Coolers?
When you are going out to start fishing, you need to prepare for the type of fish you’re going to catch. Having a general idea of what fish are in what body of water will help you prepare for finding one of the best fishing coolers.
You don’t need to take a large cooler unless you plan on catching a lot of fish. A smaller cooler is perfect for a few hours of fishing since you might not catch a lot of fish.
Finding a fishing cooler that has a lot of accessories can help you out a lot. If you can get a cooler with some accessories already with the cooler, you will be better off. You can find coolers with cushions, fishing rod holders, and dividers.
A good fishing cooler will have some of the accessories, but a great one will have everything you need. You can find insulators, tie-down kits, and other parts to enhance your cooler. Having the right accessories are a huge plus to finding the right cooler for you. There are some unlimited accessories, and you need to plan accordingly for the ones you need.
You want a durable and sturdy fishing cooler to work through the weather. You don’t need a cooler that has a lot of toxins that can seep into the fish. A sturdy fishing cooler will help keep the fish safe from any bacteria in the air.
You don’t want a fishing cooler that has a lot of styrofoam since it is not safe to keep fish inside it for long. Some plastic coolers can also have some toxins, but they may be safer than the styrofoam.
You don’t want to overpay for a fishing cooler, especially when it’s not worth the price. Finding the right fishing cooler will have all the accessories you need for the right price. You should look around to find the right price for your needs and something in your budget. If you spend all your money on a fishing cooler, you can’t pay for the bait to catch the fish.
Owning a fishing cooler is the best thing you can do to help you out with your catch. There are a lot of excellent fishing coolers available, and they all have their positives and negatives.
The one I recommend is the Igloo Marine Breeze Roller Cooler because it stores a lot of things. The rolling option is perfect for anyone who doesn’t want to lug a giant cooler around.
It keeps things colder, even when the temperature is extremely high. It is the best one on this list, but it may not be the best choice for some people.
- Best Rated Fishing Gloves in 2019
- Best Rated Fishing Shoes in 2019
- Best Rated Fishing Float Tube in 2019
- Best Rated Fishing Sunglasses in 2019
- Best Rated Spinning Reels in 2019