10 Best Gas Ranges for 2018 – Ultimate Buyer Guide!
Shopping for the best gas range can be an overwhelming experience. With so many great brands and models on the market with endless amounts of features and designs, how are you supposed to choose.
This is further complicated with the fact that more and more great gas ranges get released every year, so the shopping process can make you want to pull your hair out. Before you start removing patches of hair from your head, read this.
Today, we are going to take a look at ten high-performing, sleek, and efficient gas ranges so that you can get your shopping started quickly and with as few complications as possible.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular gas ranges of 2018 and beyond.
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 10 Best Gas Ranges in 2018
- Individual Reviews of 10 Best Gas Ranges
- 1. GE PGS950SEFSS Profile 30" Double Oven Range
- 2. Thor Kitchen HRG3080U 30" Freestanding Gas Range
- 3. Bosch HGI8054UC 800 30" Gas Slide-In Burner Range
- 4. Kucht KRG3080U 30" Natural Gas Gas Range
- 5. AVANTI GR2416CSS Gas Range Sealed Burners
- 6. Profile P2S920SEFSS 30" Slide-in Dual Fuel Range
- 7. NXR DRGB3001 30" Pro-Style Gas Range
- 8. DMAFRIGFGGF3035RF - Freestanding Gas Range
- 9. DMAFRIGFGGF3035RF - Freestanding Gas Range
- 10. Samsung NX58H9500WS Slide-In Gas Range
- Things to Consider for Best Gas Ranges
- Final Verdict
Comparison of 10 Best Gas Ranges in 2018
6.8 cu. ft.
4.2 cu. ft.
4.6 cu. ft.
4.2 cu. ft.
2.6 cu. ft.
5.8 Cu. Ft.
4.2 cu. ft.
5.0 cu. ft.
5.0 cu. ft.
5.8 cu. ft.
Individual Reviews of 10 Best Gas Ranges
1. GE PGS950SEFSS Profile 30" Double Oven Range
With the GE PGS950SEFSS Profile 30" you can expect to spend a little bit of money to get it, but it is totally going to be worth what you spend on it.
From one of the leading companies in consumer appliances, this model of their double range will not disappoint.
It includes an iron grill or griddle that runs down the center burner, or burner number five.
The iron grates and covers that are on top of the burners are really durable and lightweight, which make them easy to remove for cleaning purposes. We really appreciate that this oven comes with a convection function, so that you can cook and baker faster and more evenly than when you are just sticking with the conduction oven feature.
You do have the choice between both though. It also has separate controls for both of the respective ovens, so you don’t have to worry about using the same settings or baking similar items when you are using both ovens.
You could bake a cake in one and roast a turkey in the other, and have totally independent temperatures and timers. The upper oven is great for preparing smaller foods, and the lower is massive which is great for roasting meats.
- Large capacity double oven
- Independent ovens that you can use to bake different foods, simultaneously
- Fifth middle burner on the range, with a griddle included
- Lightweight range covers for easy removal and cleaning
- Oven lock for cleaning and a safety mechanism for children
- Cook with convection or conduction
- The cooktop starts to look dirty pretty quickly
- The edges of the model are rounded, so it is only designed to slide in between places in your kitchen.
- Not designed to be on the end of counter space.
2. Thor Kitchen HRG3080U 30" Freestanding Gas Range
This Thor Kitchen Freestanding Gas Range has a slightly smaller oven than that of the Samsung that we just looked, but it also has some very unique selling points that other models may not have.
The entire oven is covered in a gorgeous stainless steel exterior, is really sleek looking, and will definitely brighten up your kitchen.
It has a high powered 22,000 BTU convection oven that is great for baking and broiling, and the rangetop features four burners. The cooking grates are made of heavy duty cast-iron, and are perfect for handling the high-powered range top burners.
This model also comes with a convenient two year warranty which covers parts and labor. One of the unique pieces that this oven offers is that the interior of the oven is coated in blue porcelain.
- Blue porcelain oven interior
- Powerful range that is excellent for cooking, and perfect for searing
- 4.2 cubic foot oven interior for cooking or baking multiple dishes at one time
- Heavy-duty cast-iron range covers
- It comes with a two year parts and labor warranty
- Beautiful stainless steel exterior
- All of the burners are large, and aren’t great for small pans because the flames will literally engulf them
- The plug for the oven is massive and will set your oven out from the wall.
- You may have to get an extension cord so that it can sit flush against your wall.
3. Bosch HGI8054UC 800 30" Gas Slide-In Burner Range
The Bosch HGI8054UC is another gorgeous, stainless steel burner range with some powerful range top. The center burner on the range can get up to 18,000 BTU.
The oven interior is 4.6 cubic feet which is great for cooking multiple dishes at the same time, and it uses convection for quick and easy baking, broiling, and cooking.
It has a pyrolytic self-cleaning feature which makes it really simple and easy to clean your oven effectively.
One small feature that we really like about this model is that it has a ten digit keypad that allows you to dial in your temperature and time, instead of having to use up and down arrows, which seem like they can take forever to set your oven.
It also has a warming drawer so that you can keep one dish hot while you are working on cooking others.
- Ten key digit pad which allows you to quickly set the temperature and timer for your oven, instead of using up and down arrows like other ovens
- Warming drawer that will keep one dish nice and warm while you are finishing up cooking in the oven
- Powerful center burner that can burn at 18,000 BTU
- Awesome self-cleaning feature that makes it really easy to clean out your oven
- Stainless steel design
- Power cord is attached, so it is really easy to hook up and start using immediately
- Both large burners are in the front, and it would be nice if there was one in back and one in front, for cooking convenience
- The middle burner is round, not square, so it doesn’t always cook evenly depending on the pan or griddle that you are using
4. Kucht KRG3080U 30" Natural Gas Gas Range
This is stainless steel range by Kucht may have everything that you need in a simple convection oven. What we like about this rangetop is that it has powerful burners.
One burner that gets up to 18,000 BTU
One burner that heats up to 15,000 BTU
And the other two burners that can heat up to 12,000 BTU
The oven actually gets up to a whopping 22,000 BTU, and uses convection technology so that it will cook and bake faster than traditional conduction ovens. It features a 4.2 cubic foot oven with a blue porcelain interior, for quality cooking, broiling, and baking every time that you use it.
We like that the cooking grates for this model are heavy duty cast-iron, which are great for handling the heat, look awesome, and are really easy to clean and scrub down. It also has an electronic ignition with an automatic reignition function, which makes it really easy to get started.
- Powerful range burners that cover a variety of different heating and power capacities
- 22,000 BTU convection oven
- The interior of the oven is coated in high-quality, blue porcelain
- The range is covered in cast-iron stove tops, which are heavy-duty, handle heat well, and are built to last
- Electronic ignition and automatic reignition function that makes it super easy to get started.
- Good quality for the price, but you might as well go with their 36 inch model that comes with a center burner
- Does not have a timer or clock or digital display, so you are going to have to use an external timer when you are using the oven
5. AVANTI GR2416CSS Gas Range Sealed Burners
This range by Avanti is one of the simplest designs that we are going to take a look at today, is slightly smaller than the other models that we’ve looked at, and covers the basics when it comes to cooking.
This is a freestanding 24 inch gas range top, whereas most of the ranges in this review are 30 inches. It has an automatic electronic ignition for the burners and the oven.
Like the other models it has a see-through glass door so you can check on your dishes, as they cook. The inside of the oven is lit, and has an on and off switch so that you can continually monitor what you are cooking to see when your dishes are done.
It only has a 62 minute cook timer, which is a bit strange considering that you can set much longer timers on the other models that we have looked at. This is truly one of the budget-friendly, bare-bones models that we are going to take a look at in this review.
- Gas stove and oven
- 24 inch range top
- Internal oven light with on and off switch so that you can monitor your dishes while they are cooking
- See through glass window on the front of the oven, which makes it easy to check on your food
- Good if you are on a tight budget, but still need a stove and oven
- The knobs on the unit can be stiff and problematic
- One of the burners usually has problems working
- Doesn’t offer anything special in terms of added burners, features, or looks
- Is one of the smaller ranges that we are taking a look at today, measuring only 24 inches instead of the other 30 inch models
6. Profile P2S920SEFSS 30" Slide-in Dual Fuel Range
This Profile range by GE is another large model range that has an interior capacity of 5.8 cubic feet.
It is a full convection oven with a warming drawer included, so that you can cook faster, more evenly, and have a nice addition for keeping your food warm while you are finishing up cooking.
This model includes five burners that range from 5,000-20,000 BTUs, so you can get tons of heat and power out of the burners. It also has a nice, large fifth burner in the center that is oval shaped, and includes a reversible cast-iron griddle. This oven is entirely covered with a clean, stainless-steel finish and made to look great in your kitchen.
- Beautiful stainless steel design
- Powerful burners that can get up to 20,000 BTUs of power
- Large center oval burner with a griddle included
- Large, 5.8 cubic feet interior convection oven that is great for cooking several different dishes at once
- Warming drawer that keeps your dishes warm while you are still cooking and preparing food
- If you are a serious baker, you will find that in some models that convection function doesn’t work evenly
- Be very diligent when putting the grates back on the range top. If they are slightly off, the burners may have trouble lighting.
7. NXR DRGB3001 30" Pro-Style Gas Range
This is another stainless steel range oven that offers a slightly smaller area of cooking space at 4.2 cubic feet.
Unfortunately, this model only has four top burners, and does not include a large center burner and griddle or grill.
The upside is that this oven does feature convection technology for faster, more even, and more efficient cooking, baking, and broiling.
Honestly, the stainless steel cover on this range isn’t that great, and can scratch really easily. Overall, this oven is fairly average, and really overpriced for what you are getting.
- Powerful four top stove burner
- Stainless steel
- 4.2 cubic feet interior capacity for baking multiple dishes
- Bakes with convection technology
- The stainless steel exterior of this range scratches and scuffs really easily, and it is difficult to keep clean
- The burners and igniting mechanisms are fairly problematic, and don’t always work properly
- This is one of the smaller ranges and ovens that we are looking at today
- No heating drawer included
- Priced really high for what you are getting with this model
8. DMAFRIGFGGF3035RF - Freestanding Gas Range
Last but not least, let’s have a look at the Frigidaire Gallery 30 inch Freestanding Gas Range.
This seems to be another reliable five range stainless steel range from one of the most reliable companies in kitchen appliances and kitchenware.
It has a high powered range, with burners that get up to 17,000 and 15,00 BTU, respectively.
This model is equipped with a quick-bake fan convection, to make sure that your oven is evenly heated throughout. This is great for everything from roasting meats to cooking the perfect pie or tray of cookies.
It features a sizable 5 cubic square foot oven, so that you have plenty of space to prepare food for you, your friends, or the entire family. The center burner on this model is ideal for larger pots, pans, and griddles.
- Five rangetop burners which make it easy to cook multiple dishes at the same time
- High powered ranges at 17,000 and 15,000 BTU
- Stainless steel exterior
- Five cubic square foot oven that is perfect for preparing several dishes at the same time
- Quick-bake fan convection oven that cooks food faster and bakes more evenly throughout every inch of the oven
- Center burner is great for large pots, pans, or a griddle
- It isn’t uncommon for one of the range burners to have a problem in the first several months of use
- No real special display or programming features, that other ovens in the same price range may have
9. DMAFRIGFGGF3035RF - Freestanding Gas Range
This is the first Frigidaire range top that we are covering in this review.
This is a gorgeous looking full convection oven with a one touch self-cleaning function that let’s you choose between a two, three, and four hour cleaning cycle.
You don’t have to worry about making a mess when you are cleaning your oven.
This range is covered in smudge resistant stainless steel, so it won’t start looking dirty after one use, like many other ranges will. It includes a power burner that offers extremely fast boil times. This is also a five burner range top stove.
- Powerful five burner range top stove
- One touch self-cleaning function that allows you to choose two, three, or four hour cleaning cycles
- Coated with smudge resistant stainless steel, to keep your range looking clean and new
- Power burner that can boil water much faster than other standard burners
- Full convection oven that offers plenty of space for cooking multiple dishes at one time
- Some of the igniters can have some trouble starting
- Fairly average when it comes to other ranges in the same price range.
- Doesn’t have too much special to separate it from other models
10. Samsung NX58H9500WS Slide-In Gas Range
The Samsung NX58H9500WS is a gorgeous, high-tech range and oven that has a lot to offer.
The range has five sealed burners on top, and the oven offers a large area with 5.8 cubic feet of usable cooking space.
It has a really nice looking, lit display that uses guiding light controls to set your oven and stovetop.
This is a true convection oven that provides for even heat circulation throughout every inch of the oven, and offers for faster and more even baking or broiling than traditional conduction ovens. This is a gas powered model that is covered in high quality, durable, stainless steel.
It also has a temperature probe warming drawer, which is great for keeping a dish warm while you are waiting on something else to be fully cooked, in the oven. The oven also has delayed start and auto-shutoff options, so that timing is never an issue.
- Powerful convection oven that is built from pristine and durable stainless steel
- Temperature probe warming drawer so that you can keep other dishes warm, while you are still cooking
- Auto-shutoff and delayed timer functions so that timing is never an issue
- Five burner range that gives you plenty of space for cooking
- Large capacity 5.8 cubic foot oven that is great for baking and broiling everything from muffins and cookies to an entire chicken or turkey
- Convection technology that offers faster and more even cooking and baking than conduction ovens
- Cool and easy to use fully lit display that makes it easy to set the time and temp
- The self cleaning function does not work very well
- The LCD screen is in prime position to get grease splattered on it, which means that it could get damaged easily or scratched from constant cleaning.
Things to Consider for Best Gas Ranges
Now, before you make the decision on which gas range to buy, there are a few important notes that you should consider, and several important questions that you should ask yourself.
How Much Space do We Have?
Before you decide to buy a range, it is time to bust out the measuring tape. You need to measure the exact amount of space that you have in your kitchen so you know what you can accommodate. Always check the power supply and gas hookups too to make sure that your new model is going to be compatible.
Do You Need or Want a Display?
As you can see from taking a look at this variety of models, some of them have gorgeous LED displays. Others have no displays at all. Are you going to want or need that kind of baking precision, timers, etc.or would you rather save a few bucks but get something that requires a little more attention? That preference is totally up to you and your cooking needs.
You can observe that some of these models are furnished with heating drawers, where others are not. Heating drawers are really convenient when it comes to cooking massive meals and serving hot food instantly, but aren’t always necessary depending on how many you are cooking for.
Do you like having the option to throw a griddle or grill on your range to cook steaks, bacon, or pancakes? If you do, make sure that you are looking at five range models, instead of smaller four range models.
Of this collection of gas ranges, who did we think was the highest performing and the best bang for your buck?
Today, that winning spot goes to the Samsung NX58H9500WS. Not only did this unit have one of the largest convection oven spaces that we looked at today, it brings a ton of features for a really reasonable price. It comes with a temperature probing heating drawer, cast-iron grating, powerful burners, and a state of the art light up display so that you can dial in your temperature and timer perfectly.