Best Indoor Grow Lights in 2017 – Top LED, Fluorescent & HID Models!
Today you can make good use of electric lighting which imitates the sun's rays and grow plants all year long. You have the opportunity to customize your growing seasons, so you do not need to depend on the weather to plant.
Indoor grow lights are available in different varieties. If you want to keep your fruits, vegetable crops, orchids, houseplants and other indoors, there are a variety of grow lights that you can pick. I have only reviewed the best indoor grow lights from reputable brands that will help you grow plants round the year.
Table of Contents
- Comparisons of Best Indoor Grow Lights
- 10 Best Indoor Grow Lights - Reviews
- 1. Advanced Platinum Series P600 Grow Light
- 2. Sun System LEC 315 120v Light
- 3. Advanced Platinum Series P300 Grow Light
- 4. iPower GLSETX600DHMWING20 600-Watt Light
- 5. G8LED 600 Watt MEGA LED Grow Light
- 6. Galaxyhydro LED Grow Light
- 7. Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLCDG125D Fluorescent System
- 8. Advanced LED Lights - Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
- 9. California Lightworks Solarstorm 440-watt LED
- 10. CrxSunny 1500W Double Chips LED Grow Lights
- How To Choose Indoor Grow Lights
- Final Words
Comparisons of Best Indoor Grow Lights
10 Best Indoor Grow Lights - Reviews
1. Advanced Platinum Series P600 Grow Light
The Advanced Platinum Series P600 600w 12-band LED Grow Light has lower growing temperatures, higher yield, and better efficiency.
Unlike other convectional lights, the P600 consumes up to 368 watts of actual power, and this provides your plants with 100 percent usable light that creates a perfect maximum photosynthetic response.
The light is popular among many indoor gardeners because it can reach depths of 4 feet tent to provide the best coverage. It is also flexible and scalable to different grow areas because of its long and narrow panel dimensions.
The grow light works amazingly well combining an optional blend of 12 different bands of complete light spectrum from UV depths to upper IR. In return, this provides your plants with a fine tuned spectrum that they require.
This grow light also features selectable veg and bloom light spectrum that provides maximum performance all the way from seedling, through flower to the final harvest. Its veg spectrum has more purple/ blue output that favors leaf development.
- It has a quality build
- Features a variable switch to program for vegetative of flowering stages
- Has a nice coverage up to 22.5 ft
- Consumes less power as compared to other grow lights
- Designed with 4 large cooling fans that are quiet
- Has the highest PAR output power watt on the market
- The light is bright, so it requires eye protection
- It is expensive
2. Sun System LEC 315 120v Light
Sun System LEC 315 120v Light which is an amazing selection for indoor growers.
The light makes good use of cutting edge light emitting ceramic technology to provide outstanding performance.
It has a higher amount of useful UV and far red spectrums that increase lamp growth power to the plants. It also features well-improved full-color light spectrum as compared to other grow lights.
Another amazing thing about Sun System LEC 315 120v Light is its unique open rated lamp make that reduces radiant heat from the arc tube. This makes it perfect for use in open fixtures.
- The price is reasonable
- Has an improved full-color spectrum
- High amounts of beneficial UV and far red spectrums
- Has a very high 1.95 PPF per second light source
- Features an open rated lamp construction to reduce radiant heat from the arc tube
- Easy to set up
- Doesn't consume a lot of electricity
- No negative criticism for this grow light so far
3. Advanced Platinum Series P300 Grow Light
Advanced Platinum Series P300 300w 12-band LED Grow Light is very useful in supporting the growth of different plants indoors.
You can replace your old grow lights, and you will notice a significant improvement regarding power consumption.
The light is popular because it is very energy efficient. It uses the least amount of energy without compromising the power output. The light has a high Photosynthetic Active Radiation (PAR), credits to its high-quality diodes and efficient technology.
It features both veg and bloom light spectrum which are very important in providing maximum performance or artificial light needed by plants throughout the growth process. The lights are also popular for the high quality LED and this provides reliability and efficiency.
- Provides both bloom and veg light spectrums
- Provides the highest lumen per watt as compared to other grow lights on the market
- It has a high PAR
- Has high quality LED lights making it perfect for cannabis
- Has zener diodes that protect the light from sudden line surges
- Made by the best LED manufacturer in the United States
- It is noisy
4. iPower GLSETX600DHMWING20 600-Watt Light
The iPower GLSETX600DHMWING20 600-Watt Light comes at a very pocket-friendly price. It features a balanced spectrum of a light set that offers a healthy chlorophyll production as well as regulating the life cycle of the plant.
This grow light is completely dimmable so you can just dim the light to create a night environment.
Another notable thing with the light is its safety. It has open and short circuit protection which protects end of bulb life and ignition failure. This means that you will not worry about experiencing electric shocks.
- Perfect for grow tents
- It has the best type of reflector
- Prevents heat stress hence it can be close to plants
- Comes at a reasonable price
- The coverage is great
- No glass light refraction
- Fits well in small spaces
- The light is pricey
5. G8LED 600 Watt MEGA LED Grow Light
G8LED 600 Watt MEGA LED Grow Light is perfect for both vegetative growth and flowering.
This USA made LEDs has been tested for the last eight years to ensure that you get nothing but quality. It provides indoor growers with high-quality plant growth and highest yields.
The G8LED 600 is a perfect light for the entire growth cycle and provides an awesome coverage for up to 18 square feet. You can increase the flowering further by adding one or two 90 W red flower boosters alongside the G8LED 600. This increases the flowering size and density.
In most cases, indoor gardeners have experienced problems when using different types of grow lights because they end up increasing the temperature and this calls for a cooling system. This is not the case when you are working with the G8LED 600.
It has a low working temperature, so you do not require a cooling system. The lights only need small internal fans to keep them cool and maintain the ideal temperature.
Once you purchase the G8LED 600 grow light, you will enjoy excellent customer service as long as you are using the grow lights in your garden.
- Produces high-quality plants and high yield
- The light can be used internationally
- Has large area coverage
- Produces eight bands of light
- Has a high-efficiency rating
- Provides a low working temperature
- Has a longer lifespan
- High cost
6. Galaxyhydro LED Grow Light
The Galaxyhydro LED is a grow light that supports every stage of plant growth.
It has about nine different bands of light, and you do not have to worry about the hum of noise that is produced by other grow lights. This one gives you a low noise cooling hence producing very little heat and keeps everything cooler. It also has a dual fan system that keeps it cool.
Most of the grow lights on the market do not provide a large area of coverage. The Galaxyhydro LED Grow Light offers a decent coverage. It can cover up to 3 and five ft.²
- Saves money and energy
- Offers a full spectrum to provide the required PAR
- Has a two year warranty
- Provides efficient growing
- Features UV and IR which are crucial for the growth of plants
- Small and compact
- Comes at an affordable price
- Doesn't have a switch for changing from blue and red light intensity levels
- Complaints of moisture build up
- The wattage is lower than the one given by the manufacturer
7. Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLCDG125D Fluorescent System
Are you thinking of starting a house garden and you do not have the right approach when it comes to growing lights? Do not just pick any light that you find if you want your plants to grow well right from seed stage to harvest.
You can utilize the Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLCDG125D Fluorowing Compact Fluorescent System in your garden, and you will achieve a greater performance and a high yield.
This light system comes as a compact package which is fully assembled, so it is ready to install and start working. The light includes the following; full day spectrum 125W 6400K compact fluorescent lamp, 8' power cord and a built-in reflector.
This light with a compact and sleek design uses a metallic film specular to provide a greater reflectivity. It is 5 percent super brighter than other fluorowing models on the market.
With this light, you can plant your ideal plants throughout the year. It will do a great job when you are planting flowers, vegetables, herbs and other types of plants.
- It has a compact reflector
- The grow light is CSA-certified
- It is brighter than other lights
- Comes with a power cord and hanging hardware
- Good construction and effective light distribution
- Very easy to install
- The side of the bulb that is not supported sags
- The bulb cracks easily
8. Advanced LED Lights - Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
Looking for high-tech and environmentally friendly grow lights for indoor plants, flowers, and vegs? The solution is Advanced LED Lights - Full Spectrum LED Grow Light.
These are quality lights with a high yield with quality American made LEDs. The lights are very easy to use, and they promote healthy growth of different types of plants.
They have a full spectrum and color select which includes 11+ wavelengths of color output and very easy to select the colors. They provide an optimal coverage of precision 90 degrees XML collimator lens.
If you have used other types of growing lights that require air conditioning, you do not have to do that with the lights. They have a high efficiency and low heat output, and this eliminates the need for air conditioning in the growing area.
You are rest assured that the lights will work well because they are from a reputable brand with over 7 years of experience and prides in producing the best grow light. You will enjoy a 3-year warranty upon purchase and effective customer service.
- You do not require air conditioning when using the lights
- The lights provide a nice coverage
- Used for all stages of plant growth
- Works amazingly well in cloning, flowering cycle and vegetative
- Has dual heat sink that reduces up to 50 percent heat
- They are easy to use
- Easy color selection
- The grow lights are pricey
9. California Lightworks Solarstorm 440-watt LED
The California Lightworks Solarstorm 440-watt LED is a suitable light for all stages of plant growth.
It works well with beds measuring 3′ x 3′ sizes, so there will be no wasted light making it perfect for vegetative and flowering stages. The lights provide five brands of PAR spectrum ranging from deep blue to deep red bands.
Controlling the veg and bloom mode is simply done with a single switch. It has a blue spectrum that increases vegetation, and the red spectrum stimulates plants to flowers. Switching from veg to bloom gives room for rush vegetable growth as well as veg mode while still maximizing the intensity and providing a quality yield in bloom mode.
The light also features supplement UV-B mode switch which is effective in developing higher potency harvest.
- Features unique supplemental UV-B mode for higher potency harvest
- Has photo-synthetic flux to penetrate canopy and provide excellent results
- High efficiency and long life OSRAM SSLs
- Features 5 band spectrum plus UV-B
- Spectrum switch to change from veg to bloom stage
- The fans do not have a filter, and they produce noise
- Less customizable unlike other types of lights
10. CrxSunny 1500W Double Chips LED Grow Lights
CrxSunny 1500W Double Chips LED Grow Lights has a full-color spectrum for both veg and bloom. The light features double chips 10WLEDs which much brighter and efficient as compared to 3W and 5W LEDs.
It saves you a lot of energy, so no more paying huge electricity bills. The light consumes about 260 W power, and it has a high brightness and a long lifespan.
When you are using the light, you will note that the plants grow fast and flower bigger. This is because of its enhanced spectral covering full spectrum that promotes photosynthesis and blooming.
- It is energy efficient and environmental protection
- Perfect for all phases of plant growth
- It has a longer life
- Plants grow faster and flowers bigger
- Very easy installation
- It can only be used indoors
How To Choose Indoor Grow Lights
With the best lighting and good watering, you can grow very healthy plants. Below are some of the factors that you should consider when you are picking the best indoor grow lights.
There are many types of grow lights available:
- Incandescent: the lights resemble the normal tungsten filament bulbs that are used in most homes. They are cheap and least efficient. The lights only work well for houseplants, but they are not great in marijuana and vegetables.
- Fluorescent: The lights have bulb-like CFLs and tube light that can come in T5 or T8 configuration. Always go for the lights that are marked high Output of Full spectrum.
- Lighting plasma: The lights are efficient at producing light similar to fluorescent lamps. They also produce some amount of heat.
- LED: They produce the required wavelengths of light with little heat and use about half the electricity.
You should also consider the light duration especially if you are dealing with vegetables. Vegetables are long day plants that need up to 18 hours of sunlight. You should also ensure that they get at least eight hours of darkness and you can do this by using an automatic timer.
Natural sunlight is the best in growing seedlings. Grow lights come in different colors. You can get blue waves which are smaller and contain more energy. The red light waves are longer and use less energy. If you are growing vegetable, blue lights are the best. Red lights are best for growing flowers.
With the best indoor grow light, you can be sure to customize your seasons all year long and get better yields.