10 Best Infrared Space Heaters – Stay Warm in this Winter!
With Winter approaching, you need to be well equipped to fight the lowering temperatures. However, this often requires a hefty investment. A lot of people fight this by making sure their house is properly insulated. Some people use fireplace (if they have it) or their furnace.
Some other decide to simply bite a bullet and use their central heat, no matter how expensive it is.
And the rest people? Well, they purchase infrared space heaters.
Infrared space heaters are some of the most affordable and portable heaters in the market. They’re also one of the best options for people with breathing problems, as they tend to keep the humidity of a room intact.
While they’re not particularly powerful compared to, say, central heat, they’re quite affordable both when purchased and when using them, making them an excellent choice for conscious spenders and people who don’t have other heating options.
In the following list, we’ll review 10 best infrared space heaters in the market. We’ll talk about their design, their advantages and disadvantages and what we liked the most about the product.
Table of Contents
- Best Infrared Space Heaters – Comparison
- 10 Best Infrared Space Heaters – Reviews
- 1. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
- 2. iLIVING Infrared Portable Space Heater
- 3. Lifesmart Medium Room Infrared Heater
- 4. EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Infrared Heater
- 5. Lifesmart Easy Large Room Infrared Fireplace
- 6. Duraflame DFI-550-0 Mason Fireplace
- 7. Duraflame 5HM8000-O142 Electric Heater
- 8. Dr Infrared Heater DR999 Heating System
- 9. Lifesmart Products LCHT0016US Heater
- 10. Ryzen H-5000 Pro Portable Infrared Heater
- Final Verdict
Best Infrared Space Heaters – Comparison
|Image||Product Name||Dimensions (inches)||Weight (pounds)||Price|
|Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater||13 x 11 x 16||23.5|
|iLIVING Infrared Portable Space Heater||13 x 12 x 15||23.2|
|Lifesmart Medium Room Infrared Heater||12.5 x 7.5 x 13.5||11.5|
|EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Infrared Heater||15.1 x 11.5 x 9.6||15|
|Lifesmart Easy Large Room Infrared Fireplace||11 x 31 x 25.5||20|
|Duraflame DFI-550-0 Mason Fireplace||21 x 14.4 x 26.8||22.4|
|Duraflame 5HM8000-O142 Electric Heater||8 x 10.9 x 22.8||23.1|
|Dr Infrared Heater DR999 Heating System||13 x 12.5 x 16.5||27|
|Lifesmart Products LCHT0016US Heater||17 x 14.7 x 21.5||32.9|
|Ryzen H-5000 Pro Portable Infrared Heater||8 x 13 x 13||12.9|
10 Best Infrared Space Heaters – Reviews
1. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
If you’re looking for is a compact and affordable space heater that works great in small spaces, this infrared heater is perfect for you.
The Dr.Infrared is one of the safest models out there, thanks not only to its infrared technology but also to its design, which allows it to work for long periods of time without overheating and keeps it from accidentally tipping over.
It also comes with energy saving features, which makes it perfect for saving money during the coldest months of the year, though bear in mind that you’ll still notice a change in your power bill.
This heater has a slight “retro” look to it, but it still blends well in almost every room. It’s also very quiet and doesn’t have any smells, which makes it the perfect bedroom heater, as you can keep it on overnight without any issues.
Despite its small size, it’s worth noting that this heater weighs almost 30 pounds, so moving it around is possible but the heater isn’t necessarily portable.
It does come with wheels, though, so you can easily push it around your home if you need to move it from room to room.
- It doesn’t overheat and it’s very safe to use
- It looks great
- Very energy efficient
- Works great at heating small rooms
- Can run for long periods of time without any problems
- Quiet, even when the fan is on
- The thermostat is very reliable
- It dries the air very fast
- Needs to be manually turned off if the power fails
- It’s rather heavy, at least compared to similar heaters.
2. iLIVING Infrared Portable Space Heater
A beautiful and portable heater that nevertheless is powerful enough to heat up rooms 500 square feet and less, the iLiving is an excellent choice for those of you who want a safe heater they can leave running 24/7.
Weighing roughly 25 pounds, this is far from the lightest model in this list, but it does come with wheels, which makes it easier to move around your home.
It was also designed to prevent accidental tipping, even with the wheels, which makes it safe to use around pets and children. Not only that, but it stays cool to the touch even when working, comes with an auto-shut off function and it’s relatively quiet, with noise levels hovering around 39 decibels
This heater also comes with a reliable energy saving mode that you’ll appreciate whether you’re running it occasionally or all day long. That said, do keep in mind that the power bill will go up, energy savings or not.
Look wise, its walnut exterior allows it to blend almost seamlessly with any decoration, but the control panel is a bit of an eyesore, particularly if your decor is clean and minimalist.
That said, it’s very easy to use.
- Heats up small rooms very well
- Looks good
- Very safe to use
- Relatively quiet
- Comes with a remote
- It doesn’t work for large rooms
- Could be quieter
3. Lifesmart Medium Room Infrared Heater
An efficient and affordable model, the LifeSmart Medium is an excellent choice for those of you looking to heat up larger spaces.
With enough power to warm up a 800 square foot, this heater isn’t exactly energy efficient but it does come with different energy saving modes that not only help counteract the 1500 watts demands, but also helps you heat smaller rooms by reducing its power.
Weighing only 12 pounds and equipped with handles, this is a very portable model that, nevertheless, also comes with anti-tipping technology to prevent it from falling. Not only that, but the entire heater was built with heat and fire resistant plastic, which makes it one of the safest models in this list.
As with other, similar heaters, this one comes with the option of attaching an air filter, sold separately.
The air cleaner is a particularly nice upgrade if you’re purchasing an infrared heater due to breathing problems, as this kind of heater is known for increasing the temperature in a room without decreasing the humidity.
Perhaps the most attractive function of this heater is that it is programmable and comes with a remote, adding an extra touch of comfort to its already great functions.
- Heats up wonderfully
- Comes with three energy saving modes
- Stays cool to the touch
- Can be programmed to better suit your needs
- It can be pretty loud when it gets started
- The thermostat lights are very bright, which can be a problem.
Also read: Best Gas Water Heater – Tested & Reviewed
4. EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Infrared Heater
If what you’re looking for is a small, yet effective, infrared heater that you can carry around your home or even take with you on a trip, the Eden Pure is perfect for you.
Measuring roughly 15x11x9 inches and weighing only 15 pounds, the Eden Pure goes to show that good things do come in small packages.
Since it is an infrared heater, the temperature stays high enough to be comfortable without risking catching fire and it does it without exposing you to the dangers of CO2. Not only that but it’s surprisingly quiet, even with the fan running.
If that’s not enough for you, bear in mind that it comes with an upgrade kit that gives it air purifying capabilities, making it one of the most versatile infrared heaters to date.
- The Eden Pure has automatic on/off features, which makes it quite safe, even if you leave it unattended.
- While it doesn’t stay perfectly cool to the touch, it never gets hot enough to burn, even when functioning at its highest temperature.
- Perfect for small areas or rooms.
- Thanks to its small size, it consumes very little power (compared to other infrared heaters)
- Very easy to use
- It can purify air as well as heat it
- Blends well with almost any decorating style
- The electric cord could be longer
- This is a very small heater, so it won’t heat up living rooms or large spaces
5. Lifesmart Easy Large Room Infrared Fireplace
If you’re looking for a heater that not only heats up your room but also gives it a lot of personality, this beautiful “fireplace” heater is the right choice for you.
Equipped with a fire display that looks as real as they come, and enough power to heat up rooms up to 800 square feet, this is a great example of a heater that mixes functionality with form.
Not only is the fire realistic but the built is also very good. It looks great and blends well with just about any decoration and, thanks to its small size, you can easily place it anywhere you want.
As you can imagine, this isn’t the lightest heater out there, but it only weighs 20 pounds, so it’s not as heavy as you may assume.
Its size does make it less likely to accidentally tip this heater and it also stays cool to the touch, so it’s a very safe heater, even if you have children or pets.
We can’t emphasize enough just how good the flames look, but if you’re worried about the light disturbing your sleep, don’t! You can adjust the dimness of the lights at will.
- Looks great
- Very safe and easy to use
- The flames look very realistic and can be dimmed at will
- Doesn’t consume too much power
- Looks great just about anywhere
- Not a good choice for heating large rooms
- Kind of loud
- For safety purposes, you can’t place anything on top, no matter how tempting it is.
6. Duraflame DFI-550-0 Mason Fireplace
If what you’re looking for is a heater that works well while also providing you with a unique piece of decoration, the Duraflame DFI5500 is perfect for you!
This infrared heater is capable of blending with modern decoration, thanks to its black metal body that brings to mind old furnaces.
The flames may not look particularly real, but they can be dimmed whenever needed and can be used without the heat, allowing you to set the mood whenever you’re using this little heater.
While it’s relatively small, it’s still powerful enough to heat up rooms up to 1,000 square feet. That said, this isn’t exactly a portable heater because, while not particularly heavy (23 pounds) the design is a little awkward to move around.
This model’s heating unit is located at the top, but nevertheless it stays cool to the touch so it’s a good choice if you have children and pets. It’s also relatively safe to place on top of carpets.
What we do not recommend is to put things on top of this heater. Again, it stays cool to the touch even after working for hours but we simply don’t recommend it for safety purposes.
The fan can be a little loud, so if you’re a light sleeper you may have some troubles at first, but if you don’t mind a little extra noise then this heater is a great choice.
- The design is very eye catching and beautiful
- Very easy and safe to use
- Easy to assemble
- Heavy enough to avoid accidental tipping
- The fire can be dimmed and used without the heat (the heat can’t be used without the fire)
- Metal and plastic construction that stays cool to the touch
- Rather heavy
- While beautiful, the design does make this heater rather awkward to move around
7. Duraflame 5HM8000-O142 Electric Heater
As you may have noticed, most of the articles in this list are horizontal heaters, which look fantastic but may take more space than you have.
If you don’t have any room to spare but you’re still looking for a heater capable of warding off the cold, the Duraflame is an excellent choice for you, thanks to its elegant horizontal design that not only looks great and complements just about any decorating style but also takes considerably less space than similar heaters.
Its small size is not only an advantage when placing it in a room but also when transporting it, as it only weighs 22 lbs. and is quite easy to move around.
The biggest downside of the horizontal design is that it can easily tip over. However, this was something taken into consideration, as one of the many safety functions of this heater is an automatic off switch that activates if your heater happens to fall down.
Other safety functions of this model includes a stay-cool surface, a thermometer that regulates the temperature of the machine, immediately shutting it off if it exceeds safe levels, and more.
- Takes up less space than other heaters
- Beautiful design
- Safety was definitely a priority when building this model
- Heats up efficiently
- Its small size makes it possible to be placed in corners, allowing you to heat more than one room at the time
- It can tip over relatively easily
- Not good for large rooms
- The fan can be rather noisy
8. Dr Infrared Heater DR999 Heating System
Another model by Dr. Infrared, this one is a great choice for those looking for a mix between functionality and form, as it’s been designed to look like a nightstand, allowing it to blend seamlessly with your furniture.
This particular model offers similar advantages as other Dr. Infrared heaters: It is quite safe, thanks to it’s auto-shut off technology, as well as its anti-tipping design and the fact that it stays cool to the touch, even after using it for long periods of time.
Just like other models, it comes with different energy saving modes, making it a good choice if you’re trying to save money during the winter.
The revamped look is one of our favorite characteristics, but it does make this heater a lot heavier than similar models, clocking it roughly at 30 pounds. Which is still portable, but may cause problems to some. It does come with a large wheel to facilitate transport, so there’s always that.
- Looks great and blends well with your furniture
- Very safe and easy to use
- Comes with energy efficient modes that allows you to save money
- Stays cool to the touch, even after using it for large periods of time
- Relatively quiet. For a heater.
- Comes with a powerful fan to better spread the heat around your room
- The fan is a little loud
- Can be too heavy to some
9. Lifesmart Products LCHT0016US Heater
A rather unique looking space heater, this powerful and affordable model is perfect for those of you who are more concerned with function than portability.
Weighing 33 pounds, this is the heaviest heater in this list, but also one of the most powerful, capable of heating large rooms thanks to its 8 heating elements.
As other heaters, it comes with safety technologies that allow it to stay cool to the touch, even when in use, a child lock, an automatic shut off and more. It also comes with auto shut-off, in case the heater is accidentally tipped over, but its particular design, with a wide base and a narrow top, makes that almost impossible.
While it isn’t obvious just by looking at the photos, this heater actually comes with wheels, so moving it around is possible, albeit not particularly comfortable.
This particular heater comes with an oscillating fan that spreads the heat around the room much more efficiently than other models. However, it can be quite loud on occasion, so it may not be a good idea for light sleepers.
However, thanks to its considerable power, it can be placed outside of your room and you’ll still feel its effects.
Something important to keep in mind: While this heater does have energy saving mode, it still consumes more energy than other models, thanks to its superior heat output.
- Unique and solid design
- Capable of heating up extra-large rooms
- Comes with great safety measures
- Solidly built
- Comes with an oscillating fan
- It heats up well but can use a lot of power
10. Ryzen H-5000 Pro Portable Infrared Heater
A great option for those of you in a tight budget, the Ryzen H-5000 Pro delivers wonderfully in the areas of safety, efficiency and portability.
As similar heaters, it stays cool to the touch, even when in use, and it comes with auto shut-off functions that activate if the unit starts overheating or tips over. Not only that, but it actually comes with a lockable control panel to give you extra security.
It also comes with a powerful energy saving mode that will help your pocket and the planet.
This unit isn’t particularly large (hence its portability) which means it can’t heat up large rooms. In fact, it can only heat up rooms up to 800 square feet, making it better suited for small rooms or your bedroom.
Keep in mind, however, that the heater does get rather loud at times.
Compared to other heaters in this list, the design of the Ryzen is a bit Sci-Fi-ish but we found that charming rather than distracting. However, the design does produce some light, which can be a problem for light sleepers.
- Efficient and affordable
- Designed with various safety functions
- The control panel can be locked
- Stays cool to the touch, even when in use
- Unique design
- Comes with a remote
- Small enough to fit in your bedroom
- Not particularly powerful
- Can be rather intrusive at times
We’ve come to the end of our article and we hope that, by now, you’ve found an infrared heater that’s perfect for your needs. If not, don’t worry, the perfect model is out there for you. It’s only a matter of finding it.
- Best Oil Filled Heaters – Top Models Reviewed & Compared
- Best Garage Heaters – The Most Economic & Super Warm Models
- Best Kerosene Heaters – Reviewed & Compared
- Best Ceramic Heater – Step by Step Comparison
- 10 Best Space Heaters – Tested, Compared & Reviewed