Best Kayak Carts, Wheels & Trolleys – 2019 Top Models Reviewed!
I absolutely love kayaking, especially after an exhausting week. Getting out of the office and sometimes out of town, and heading to an untouched body of water with my kayak is definitely one of life’s great joys. And if you are reading this article then I can be sure that you feel the same way too.
Unfortunately, most kayaks are bulky and heavy, and the process of transporting them is tiring and inconveniencing. That is where kayak carts come in. By placing your kayak on these carts, you can transfer your kayak, gear and your personal belongings all in one trip.
Kayak carts are therefore a necessity to all paddlers, and selecting the right one isn't easy. That is why below I have chosen the 9 best kayak carts on the market for your best fishing kayak , in order to make your choice much easier.
Table of Contents
- Best Kayak Carts in 2018 - Comparison
- My Pick For The 9 Best Kayak Carts
- 1. Thule 810 Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Taxi
- 2. Paddlelogic 24" Trailtrekker Kayak cart
- 3. SUP Wheels® Classic | Standup Paddle Board Carrier | Walking Board Transport
- 4. Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart For Sit-On-Top Kayaks
- 5. Malone Nomad Standard Universal Kayak Cart
- 6. Seattle Sports Paddleboy Peanut Kayak Cart - Floating Wheeled Kayak Carrier
- 7. Best Choice Products Aluminum Dolly Cart Carrier Transport Trolley for Kayak
- 8. TMS CART-CANOE/KAYAK-KY001 Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier Tote Trolley
- 9. Seattle Sports Scupper Swift Sit On Top Kayak Cart
- Things To Consider - Best Kayak Carts
- Final Verdict
Best Kayak Carts in 2018 - Comparison
Paddlelogic 24" Trailtrekker
SUP Wheels® Classic
Malone Xpress Scupper-Style
Malone Nomad Standard Universal
Seattle Sports Paddleboy
Aluminum Dolly Cart Carrier
Seattle Sports Scupper
Why do you need a kayak cart?
- Easy to transport your bulky and heavy kayak
- Makes it easy to move your kayak on difficult surfaces like soft sand and spongy ground
- You require less effort when you have a kayak cart
My Pick For The 9 Best Kayak Carts
As I have just mentioned kayak carts are not a luxury but rather a necessity, and that is why I have selected the 9 best kayak carts on offer based on their features and performance. Enjoy!
The Thule 810 is perhaps one of the most versatile and high-performing paddleboard taxi’s, with the ability to conveniently and securely carry your kayak to the water.
The most prominent feature on the 810 taxi is its speed-link mounting system, which allows you to mount your kayak to the rooftop of your car via a Thule rack or round bar system.
Additionally, the Thule 810 has a telescoping design, giving you the opportunity to customize the carrier to the width of the kayak.
You will also be happy to know that the 810 has been constructed out of heavy-duty steel which can securely support heavy loads. Furthermore, the weather resistant padding on the 810 is soft and reliable enough to protect your kayak during transit.
- Dual loading design allows for transport of two boards with maximum stability
- Soft, weather resistant padding protects boards during transit
- Exclusive, telescoping design delivers a custom fit for board widths up to 34" wide
- Heavy-duty, steel reinforced webbing and spring loaded locking cam provide unsurpassed security for your boards
- Convenient, tool-free mounting to Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
The Trailtrekker kayak cart is definitely one of the best carts out there on the shelves.
This kayak cart has a 24 inch axle, which can fit the slimmer sized kayaks without any trouble.
The Trailtrekker Kayak Cart also has tubeless tires which prevent air pressure and air leak problems during transportation, and this is supported by an exclusive axle and bearings combination that makes the entire process much simpler.
This kayak cart is also quiet, easy to operate, floatable, and easy to store.
- 24" axle Trailtrekker Kayak Cart
- This kayak cart fit sea kayaks and slimmer kayaks.
- Paddlelogic makes 3 sizes of the Traitrekkerl
The SUP Wheels Classic carriers an easy way to transport your kayak to the water, with a 15 inch wide frame that can accommodate kayaks of different sizes.
The SUP Wheels Classic carrier makes use of quality materials that are resistant to UV rays and rust, increasing the durability of the SUP Wheels Classic.
Additionally, the carrier comes with innovative SUP wheels that allow for a more even distribution of weight, so that transporting the kayak does not tire you out.
These large wheels roll fast and smooth over uneven terrain, and have inbuilt storage pegs for compact convenience when you are done transporting your kayak.
- Great way to get your sup or longboard around as it goes over rocks, curbs and sand beaches easily
- Fits 99% of all standup paddle boards, race boards, surf long board and wind surfters
- Easier transporting with 14 inch wheels and never go flat tires
- Aircraft grade aluminum axel frame and stainless steel screws to hold up to salt water
- Fold into compact package to store and take it with you
The Xpress kayak cart from Malone has been designed to transport kayaks that come with scupper holes, with a variable width locking control feature that makes it stand out from other carts on the market.
With this feature you can adjust the width of the cart from 6.5 inches to 16.5 inches, in order to accommodate the size of your kayak.
The Malone Xpress Kayak Cart also boasts of a corrosion resistant aluminum frame with stainless steel components, which can support a load of up to 200 lbs capacity.
Furthermore, this kayak cart has a 6 inches by 4 inches removable and oversized foam pad that protects your kayak from damage.
- 6" x 4" removable foam pad protects kayak
- 200 pound load capacity
- Width locking control adjusts from 6.5" to 16.5"
- Aluminum frame
- Universal fit for all standard kayaks with scupper holes
The Malone Nomad is a ground transportation device with a 150 lbs loading capacity, best used for taking your kayak from point A to point B.
This rugged cart has a corrosion resistant aluminum frame which is sturdy in nature, with the ability to fold up so that you can store it in one of your kayak hatches when you are out on the water.
The Nomad kayak cart is supported by 10 inch heavy-duty airless tires, which are removable for simple storage.
Because it is important to protect your kayak during transportation, Malone has outfitted the Nomad with over sized padding on its frame to prevent kayak damage from rough contact with the cart.
Additionally, the locking kick stand amplifies the stability of the cart when it is not in motion and the tie down straps ensure that your kayak will not fall off.
- Aluminum frame
- Includes airless "Never-Go-Flat" removable 10" tires
- Oversized padded frame protects boat
- Includes stabilizing locking kickstand
- Includes tie down straps
- Loading capacity 150 pound
The Peanut Kayak Cart is the smaller version of the larger Paddleboy Original, however it maintains the ability to securely transport your kayak from one place to another.
This affordable kayak cart measures 7.5 inches by 17 inches, with 7.5 inch rubber tread hard wheels that can maneuver over tough terrain.
The Peanut kayak cart also boasts of minicell foam that can support 150 lbs of weight, and a frame that can be folded up for convenient storage.
This compact kayak cart is therefore suitable for most standard sized kayaks.
- Carries up to 150 lbs
- Folds for easy storage
- 7.5" H x 17" W
- Suitable for most kayaks
- Rubber tread wheels
The Boat Kayak carrier is similar to the TMS dolly described above, with quality construction that allows you to get your kayak to and from your car with little effort.
This Boat Kayak carrier has a maximum load capacity of 150 lbs, allowing you to safely transport your kayak and gear without multiple trips.
Similar to the TMS-CART, this carrier uses a v-shaped cradle design to hold your kayak, with foam bumpers covering each arm of the carrier for insulation against shock when you are one the move.
Additionally, this carrier has 10 inch inflatable tires that work well on sand and gravel, and a solid metal frame which can be folded for convenient storage.
There is also a spring-loaded kickstand for easy loading out of the water.
- 10" PU foam wheels
- 150lb capacity
- 12ft strap
- Aluminum construction
The kayak dolly from TMS is a kayaking transportation marvel, which has been constructed to easily move your kayak from the parking lot to the edge of the water.
This dolly cradles the hull of your kayak in a secure manner, with 3.5 inches of foam bumpers that prevent your kayak from getting damaged in the process.
This cradle design utilizes a 13 inch nylon strap to further secure the arms of the dolly, so that transportation is hassle free.
The 150 lbs capacity kayak has a sturdy metal frame and large 9.5 inch tires, allowing for smooth motion over rough and uneven terrain such as gravel and sand.
- Capacity- 150-Pound 12 Ft long tie-down strap.
- Works great as a kayak or canoe dolly and breaks down easily.
- Material : Aluminum pipe (20 x2mm) anodized Stainless steel.
- Solid Metal frame.
- Foam bumpers on each arm to protect your Canoe / Kayak hull.
- Large(9-1/2"D) pneumatic tires (3-1/2" wide) roll smoothly across sand and gravel.
The Scupper Swift from Seattle Sports is an adjustable kayak cart that has been built to accommodate nearly all sit-on-top kayaks that are equipped with scupper drain holes.
The 35mm gauge axle on the kayak cart can be adjusted (lengthened and shortened), so as to fit the different scupper placements found on varying kayak models.
The Scupper Swift Kayak Cart has been constructed out of anodized aluminum, which is sturdy enough to support heavy loads. Furthermore, it can quickly be dissembled for easy storage in your kayak or your car.
Additionally, the Scupper Swift has foam cushions that encompass the hull of your kayak during transportation, as well as WaveChaser airless tires that do not suffer from low pressure and air leaks.
- Beefy 35mm gauge axle
- Anodized red finish
- Airless WaveChaser wheels
- Cushioned uprights
- Sit on top cart
Things To Consider - Best Kayak Carts
Transporting your kayak can be a difficult task because some of them are designed with a larger width making them heavy. With a perfect kayak cart, you are able to get a safe and secure way of transporting your kayak from one location to the other.What comprises the best kayak cart? Enjoy reading and find out important things you should know before purchasing a kayak cart.
There are different types of kayak carts that are available on the market:
- Plug-in kayak cart: This is a model with fixed wheels. The cart is lightweight, and it is considered as the most convenient because of its stability.
- Folding cart: This is a kayak cart that can be carried with ease. It is very compact and friendly with the majority of kayakers.
- Strap kayak cart: This one has a strap that protects the vessels when you are moving from one place to the other.
Remember the main aim of a cart is to help you carry your kayak effortlessly in different places. If you select a cart with the wrong wheels, you will have a difficult time transporting your kayak.
Most kayaks have varying widths depending on the brand. If you are planning to use your cart in transporting different types of kayaks, it will be wise going for a kayak cart that has an adjustable width.
For instance, the Malone Xpress Kayak Cart has an adjustable width from 6 inches to 16 inches making it easy to hold your kayak perfectly well.
If you are planning to carry out your fishing on saltwater, you need to look for a cart that is made of corrosion-resistant materials. The frame should also be made of strong materials such as stainless steel and aluminum in order to support heavy loads.
You might not always have the excess money to buy expensive kayak carts. This, however, doesn’t mean that you cannot get a quality kayak cart. There are greater deals, where you can get ideal kayak carts at very affordable prices without bargaining on their quality. Expert provides you with budget friendly kayaks. You can get yourself a quality kayak cart that will work incredibly well.
Ease Of Storage
It will be a great decision to go for a kayak cart that is easy to store when it is not in use. The Seattle Sports Scupper Swift Kayak Cart (explained in our review) is an amazing model that can be dissembled making it easy to store in your car or other storage locations in your house. This makes it convenient to store it securely when it is not in use.
The size of the kayak wheel is very important. Wheels that are large will work perfectly well on sand. On the other hand, having a cart with tall wheels gives you the opportunity to be in control making it easy to position the trolley closer to the kayak.
As you can see from the review above, these 9 kayak carts are the best the market has to offer. With one of the functional and reliable carts given above, you can safely transport your kayak to and fro without tiring yourself out.
So make your life easier and invest in one of these affordable carts, the returns are fantastic!