Finding the Best Outdoor Toys for Toddlers – Top 6 Picks for 2018
When the weather’s great, it’s time to spend the day with your toddler in the outdoors. You don’t have to book a fancy vacation or even go to the park. In fact, you can always just hang out with your tots in your own backyard. To pass the time, all you really need is a few of the best outdoor toys for toddlers so your kids can really have fun.
However, with the vast array of toys available online it can be a bit hard to pick the right toys. They have to be age-appropriate for toddlers and that usually means 12 to 36 months old.
They do tend to have rather different needs than old kids, and they should be simple enough to use. Of course they should be safe too. Obviously, they should come with reasonable prices as well.
So which are the best toddler toys for the money these days? Which are them are best used outdoors in the backyard? Here are the top suggestions:
Table of Contents
- Comparison on 6 Best Outdoor Toys
- Reviews of 6 Best Outdoor Toys for Toddlers
- Final Word
Comparison on 6 Best Outdoor Toys
144 x 108 x 72
29 x 27 x 15.5
16.3 x 16 x 17
5.1 x 13.8 x 2.3
24 x 156 x 28
10 x 7 x 9
Reviews of 6 Best Outdoor Toys for Toddlers
1.Little Tikes Jump 'n Slide Bouncer
The first time your toddler sees this, you’ll find them wearing the biggest smiles ever.
That alone may be worth the price, though it’s not exactly exorbitant.
This is an inflatable play center, and for little kids, it’s like having their own little room that’s dedicated to just playing.
Inside you have a place where they can bounce around, and then on the side they can slide down.
- Kids will definitely like the dimensions of this, as it offers a lot of space.
- It’s very colorful too.
- On 3 sides you’ve got tall mesh walls, so kids can see out and feel free while you can see in to check that they’re safe.
- It’s uses puncture-resistant material.
- It can accommodate up to 250 pounds. So you can have 3 kids playing here, or you can even fit yourself inside the 12 by 9 feet jumping space.
- It comes with all the setup accessories, including the stakes and the blower.
- You’ll need a lot of space for this, and it’s definitely not for indoor use.
- You’ll need to use the blower continuously while the kids are playing, and this blower needs to be plugged in.
2. Sportstastic Activity Center
Toddlers can enjoy many different things. But at the same time they can be bored and flit from one activity to another.
If that’s the case with your kid, then this is the outdoor system for you. It has a slide in one side, with a step on the other side.
The other sides offer 3 of the world’s most popular sports. There’s a tethered ball which your tyke can hit with the, a soccer goal, and then a small basketball hoop. It comes with a bat and a basketball, which can double as the soccer ball too.
- It offers a very small slide so that you can introduce your tot safely to the concept of sliding.
- It also lets kids climb up the slide on their own, though it has wide and tall guards at the sides for safety.
- Your tyke can be introduced to basketball, soccer, and baseball. These are arguably among the most popular sports in the world.
- There are slots for the bat and the basketball on the activity center itself.
- It’s also quite colorful.
- It’s small enough that you can easily get this back indoors.
- This is basically for little tots under 2 years old. Remember that this is an introductory toy—when they turn 2 kids will want something bigger as they’re bigger too.
3. Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Swing
This is a colorful swing that’s designed for ages ranging from 9 months to 4 years. The weight limit is 50 pounds.
It’s very colorful with a blue seat, yellow ropes and straps, and a red safety T-bar. The rope measures about 3 feet, so you’ll need an open space to really enjoy this.
If you have the space, this can be used indoors too. As the kid gets bigger you can just detach the T-bar and safety straps and store it in safe place.
- We liked the color scheme, because toddlers really go for them.
- It’s very easy to get the tykes in and out of the swing.
- Little kids find the swing very comfy to sit on as it’s designed with lots of ergonomic curves.
- It’s also very durable, and this makes it perfect for kids who sometimes seem hell-bent on destruction.
- The built-in safety features can really assuage any sort of fears when your little tykes swing around.
- The removable T-bar allows older tots to master their balance and motor skills.
- You do have to make sure that you install this properly. This means you need to buy eyebolts and quick links.
4. Play Tent Princess Castle by Pockos
This is a castle tent that measures 3.5 feet across and 4.5 feet high to the tip.
Toddlers can use this for make-believe play, and they can pretend to be the princess or the knights in shining armor.
You can also set this up in their room and at night when the light is out the castle features stars that glow in the dark.
- The fabric may seem flimsy, but it’s really tough. It can withstand kids and even dogs scratching at them.
- They’re super colorful.
- It has lots of space for several tots to play inside.
- The stars that glow in the dark can really look great at night.
- It’s easy to set up, and it takes less than 5 minutes.
- This is a solid construct with poles that little tykes can grab on for support.
- It’s affordable enough that you can buy 2, so you can have one for the outdoors and one in their bedroom.
- This comes with a carry bag, but it can be a challenge to actually fit this back inside the bag.
5. Little Tikes Wet & Dry First Slide with Slip Mat
Slides are fun for little toddlers, they may want some variety.
This is especially true if you’ve ever brought to a waterpark and they’ve tried out the kiddie water slide.
With this, you can have your own water slide in your backyard.
- Your tots can use the handrails so they can get themselves up on the slide.
- This comes with a slip mat on which you can just continue to water from a garden hose.
- The mat is also decorated with kids in mind, since it features a water creature spanning the length of the mat.
- You can still use it as a regular slide when you’re not using water.
- When you’re done with this, you can just fold it so you can carry it back to your storage space neatly.
- The whole thing can handle daily use, as it’s really very durable.
- The water slide mat is 10 feet long, so you better have the space for this.
6. Melissa Doug Blossom Bright Watering Can
Do you have a garden in your backyard?
If that’s the case, then this is the toy you want so you can entice your little tot to share the joys of gardening.
It’s not like any other watering cans, as it’s very colorful. It’s a watering can your tyke can call their very own.
- It really is a cute watering can, and the spout even has a pink flower design.
- It helps encourage kids to enjoy nature on a more interactive level. They learn about taking care of plants by watering them. It also encourages them to care for your garden too, so they’re more careful around your prized plants.
- Kids can carry this easily, while they learn to concentrate on tilting the can to get the water to come out.
- This can be used to help tots improve their balance and motoring skills.
- You can also use this for playing in the bathtub.
- You don’t really want to leave this in the sun for too long. The colors on the can may disappear otherwise.
It’s important that kids aren’t cooped up indoors all day every day. They need to stretch those muscles, so they need wide open spaces where they can run and play. At the same time, they can also practice and refine their motor skill.
With these toys, your toddler can play with other kids their age or they can bond with their parents. In the outdoors, even these young kids can find a sense of independence, while you’re still around to make sure they’re always safe.
Hanging out outdoors one of the best ways to bond with your toddlers, and you need to make it fun for them. That’s why you need to find the best outdoor toys for toddlers-they’re meant to be fun while you enjoy the day in the sun!
- Best Kids Swimming Pools – Top Inflatable Models Compared!
- The Best Kayak for Kids – Which Suits Your Little One?
- Best Outdoor Playhouses For Kids – Which One To Buy?
- Best Kites For Kids – Top Rated Kites Reviewed!
- Best Sleds For Kids – Snow Fun For The LittleRiders!
- Best Beach Toys For Kids – Must Have Beach Collections Listed!