11 of the Best Water Tables for Kids that are Making a Splash Right Now
When you were little, it’s highly likely that your folks told you not to play with water. However, with the recent discoveries in learning, experts are now encouraging parents to do the exact opposite and let their wee ones have fun with it.
Letting them play a bit during bath time is an excellent opportunity. However, with the best water tables for kids, you can actually let your child enjoy more playtimes with water.
Kiddie water tables are specifically designed to offer an economical and even mess-free way to let your kids enjoy some sensory play. This makes it an excellent addition to your child’s outdoor play area as it will let them play with water and even sand without you having to inflate a pool or use lots of water.
It’s also a lot easier to clean up, making it a fuss-free way to let your little one enjoy some fun water time.
Interested in knowing more about these products? Here are a few of the best kiddie water tables that might just tickle your fancy.
Table of Contents
- Comparisons on 11 Best Water Tables for Kids
- Reviews of 11 Best Water Tables for Kids
- 1. Step2 Naturally Playful Sand Table
- 2. Step2 Spill & Splash Seaway Water Table
- 3. Step2 Rain Showers Water Table Playset
- 4. Little Tikes Sandy Waterpark Play Table
- 5. ECR4Kids Assorted Colors Water Table
- 6. Step2 All Around Playtime Patio
- 7. MOBIUS Toys Sand Water Table
- 8. Little Tikes Frog Pond Water Table
- 9. Bisyatta Sandbox Beach Table Toy Set
- 10. Constructive Playthings Sand & Water Table
- 11. Matty’s Toy Stop Deluxe Sand & Water Table
- Final Verdict
Comparisons on 11 Best Water Tables for Kids
|Image||Product Name||Dimensions (inches)||Weight (pounds)||Price|
|Step2 Naturally Playful Sand Table||36 x 26 x 16.4||16.5|
|Step2 Spill & Splash Seaway Water Table||25 x 43.2 x 22.5||15|
|Step2 Rain Showers Water Table Playset||39 x 24 x 32||10|
|Little Tikes Sandy Waterpark Play Table||26.5 x 26.5 x 34.5||9|
|ECR4Kids Assorted Colors Water Table||30 x 14.8 x 20||7.2|
|Step2 All Around Playtime Patio||47.5 x 47.5 x 60||40|
|MOBIUS Toys Sand Water Table||26.5 x 20 x 5.8||7.2|
|Little Tikes Frog Pond Water Table||30.8 x 32.7 x 22.3||4|
|Bisyatta Sandbox Beach Table Toy Set||22.2 x 14.5 x 5.5||4|
|Constructive Playthings Sand & Water Table||36 x 26.2 x 10.5||12|
|Matty’s Toy Stop Deluxe Sand & Water Table||23.5 x 23.5 x 17||9.1|
Reviews of 11 Best Water Tables for Kids
1. Step2 Naturally Playful Sand Table
The Step2 Naturally Playful Sand Table isn’t necessarily a water table, but it still offers hours of sensory play.
As its name suggests, it’s a sand table, so your little one can spend hours creating sand castles and other sculptures while getting to know the unique texture of the material that they can also manipulate.
The best thing about this product is it offers a more portable and even more hygienic alternative to a sandbox. Because it’s raised from the ground and comes with a lid, it won’t be that easy for animals to get to. You can also easily move it around, making it a great outdoor playset.
You can also use water in this sand table. However, it’s quite shallow, so little ones might not be able to do a lot with it. The accessories that come with the unit are all best used with sand, so you might need to buy additional plastic toys if you want to use it as a water table.
- Very spacious
- Will accommodate multiple kids or a large sand castle
- Can also be used for water
- Very sturdy
- Lid comes with a molded roadway design that kids can use as a play surface
- Can handle up to 40 lbs of sand
- Ideal for toddlers and preschoolers
- Very easy to assemble
- Lid is secured by ties, so kids won’t easily get to it when unsupervised
- Lid doesn’t keep rainwater out
2. Step2 Spill & Splash Seaway Water Table
While sensory play is all about the materials, it wouldn’t hurt to give your child an enticing water table that will attract them to playing with water.
This is why the Step2 Spill & Splash Seaway Water Table is such a big hit among young children as it comes with fun details. Each addition can definitely engage and entice your little one to having some outdoor fun splashing some water about.
Fashioned after tidepools, the Spill & Splash Seaway Water Table is composed of two tiered “pools.” It has waterways that will direct water spills from the upper tier to the lower one, letting you create a mini waterfall. The pools are not flat, so kids can also look for ways how to utilize the different surfaces.
The accessories are also amazing. Aside from a very handy umbrella that will help shield your little one from the harsh sunlight, it also comes with three water scoopers, a catapult, a diving board, a starfish platform, two swimmers, and two fishes to play with. These alone will already offer hours of fun outside.
This table can hold up to 2.2 gallons of water. It doesn’t have a drain, though, so you might have to exert some effort in getting rid of the water. It also doesn’t come with a cover, so if you wish to put some sand in, keeping it clean can be a challenge.
- Two tables offer more fun activities for your kids
- Comes with two swimmer figures that can be played with
- Several accessories come with the table
- Several fun details can make the table even more enjoyable for kids
- Equipped with an umbrella to help protect your kids from the harmful UV rays
- Made in the USA
- Doesn’t come with a cover
- Not equipped with drains
3. Step2 Rain Showers Water Table Playset
Hailed as one of the Most Wanted Summer Toys of 2019 by TTPM, the Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table Playset is also an excellent choice for a water table.
This product is loaded with fun attachments that your little one won’t run out of things to do with it.
As it is rain shower themed, it has an upper tier that creates rain and a waterfall when kids put water in it. There are also a few more fun attachments like a water wheel and catapult so there are lots of things to explore in this water table.
Unfortunately, it’s not ideal for sand. The upper tier’s height will put the tiny particles to young kids’ eye level, so they can get sand in their eyes. With all of the activities it offers, though, it will still be a fun outdoor play center, especially during summer.
- Different attachments will engage your little one
- Entertaining rain shower design
- Great for toddlers and preschoolers
- Attractive and engaging
- Makes actual rainfall sounds which can be relaxing for parents
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to clean
- Assembly can be challenging
4. Little Tikes Sandy Waterpark Play Table
For a less-cluttered looking water play table, the Little Tikes Sandy Lagoon Waterpark Play Table is a good option.
This one doesn’t have attachments all over the place, making it easier on the eyes and possibly less distracting for kids.
Its water park theme is also very adorable and will surely get kids engaged for hours.
Its design really makes this product one of the best water tables for kids. Its major attachment is located at the center of the unit, so it won’t hinder access to any part of the table. While it has two other attachments on the water basin side, they’re pretty small and won’t take up too much space.
The actual attachments may be minimal in terms of appearance but they offer big fun. The central attachment is actually a tower with two slides, a funnel, and a water pouring device.
It adds great fun to the unit because you can actually play with the swimmer figures on the slides and interact with the water more with the help of the funnel. The smaller attachments offer an automatic bucket pourer and a diving board, giving your little one more element to incorporate in their sensory or pretend play time in the water.
Parents also like this water table’s size. It can hold up to 4 gallons of water and up to 50 lbs of sand. It’s pretty big that it will accommodate a few kids having fun at the same time.
- Two dedicated basins for water and sand
- Attractive and vibrant colors will draw your child in
- Water park-themed, complete with slides and swimmers
- Comes with a half-cover for the sand basin
- Features a few fun attachments that are not too overwhelming
- Comes with a few cute plastic playthings/accessories that will initiate playtime
- Easy to assemble and take apart
- Very sturdy
- Easy to clean
- Drain plug loses thread after a while
- Low height
5. ECR4Kids Assorted Colors Water Table
The ECR4Kids Assorted Colors Sand and Water Adjustable Activity Play Table Center with Lids may not exactly look like a table at first glance, but as it can actually get the job done nicely, we’ve still included it in the list.
Perfect for those homes who love modular designs, this product can actually be expanded to provide more basins or even storage should you wish to use it as such.
What makes this product stand out, though, is its sturdy and durable legs. This can really take on a lot of weight without buckling. Even if your kids like to roughhouse, this will be able to withstand use and abuse, guaranteeing years of use.
Available in two to ten stations, you can easily personalize your use for it. You can easily put water and sand in separate basins or add more stations and tactile materials to provide more variety for your little one’s sensory playtimes.
- Highly versatile
- Modular design can be expanded and used for a wide range of different purposes
- Very sturdy
- With adjustable steel legs so it can grow with your child
- Simple design will let your child’s imagination soar
- Comes with lids
- Quite pricey
6. Step2 All Around Playtime Patio
Playing under the sun may be good for your kids, but too much of it can also be bad for their skin.
With a playhouse, however, your little one can spend hours in the backyard without you having to worry about them getting burnt to a crisp.
Step2 All Around Playtime Patio with Canopy Playhouse is a fantastic option for this as it is a playhouse that comes with a water and sand table.
One look and you’ll know that this playhouse offers hours of fun for kids as it doesn’t just come with a water table, but a play grill and picnic table as well. Your kids will surely have a blast with one of these in your backyard as they can do lots of different fun ingredients in one place.
Despite being attached to an outdoor playset, your water table won’t feel like it’s missing anything. It comes with a water tower attachment that features water wheels and a funnel, so your kid can do more than just splash the water around. The sandbox is also pretty spacious, so kids can easily play with it.
- Offers lots of activities aside from sensory play
- Playhouse design makes it perfect for outdoors
- Offer excellent coverage with its canopy roofing
- Sand basin comes with a lid to keep it clean and dry
- Very sturdy and durable construction
- Offer hours of outdoor fun
- Easy to put together and clean
- Open design lets you supervise the kids with ease
- Might need some DIY anchoring
7. MOBIUS Toys Sand Water Table
Some parents who want their kids to experience sensory play without lots of distractions might get interested in a plainer water table like what Mobius Toys’ Sand Water Table.
This product looks like an actual table when not in use. It doesn’t come with several attachments or a theme, which makes it very simple.
Before you look elsewhere, though, plain water tables actually have quite a few merits. For one, it will let your child focus on the actual play materials which are sand and water. They can then let their imagination run wild in how to enjoy playing with such.
This doesn’t mean, however, that this water table is just a table that can contain water and sand. It also has other features that will boost your little one’s enjoyment.
It comes with a few accessories like rakes, mold, and shovels for the sand. There are also a few toys like a boat and a water wheel. It also comes with a water can to make playing with water a bit more interactive.
The best part about this product is that it’s very sturdy. It’s made of high-grade plastic and it can carry a good amount of weight. It won’t easily break, as its lifetime warranty promises. Your child has better odds in outgrowing it over damaging or breaking the unit.
- Comes with two separate basins for water, sand, or both
- Lifetime guarantee
- Comes with a series of fun accessories
- Free water gun and ebook also included
- Made of durable and sturdy materials
- Colorful design
- Folding cover doubles as counter space when the water table is in use
- Very easy to set up and take apart
- Highly versatile
- Basic design will foster your child’s creativity
- Small capacity
- Size is mostly suitable for toddlers and pre-schoolers
8. Little Tikes Frog Pond Water Table
Want a small pond that your little one can safely play in? Grab a Little Tikes Frog Pond Water Table and you can get this done without major construction necessary.
You can even be guaranteed that the water your child plays with will always be clean with this kiddie alternative.
Frog pond themed, this water table is equipped with kiddie versions of what you’ll typically find in a small pond. It comes with a few lily pads and frog toys that your child can have swimming and floating around.
It also has a central attachment featuring a bigger lily pad and smaller ones that serve as water catapults. It also has a spinner that’s supposed to activate the lazy river, but don’t expect it to do much, really.
It should also be noted that this product is a dedicated water table. There’s no partition where you can put sand in. This makes it less messy, but it might also require you to get a separate sandbox or table to boost your child’s sensory play experience. It can, however, hold 7 gallons of water, so your little one will have a lot to splash around with.
- Cute pond design
- Designed for water use only
- Very sturdy
- Can help cool down your little one while they play outside
- Offers enough space and water for multiple kids
- Comes with useful accessories that can enhance your child’s playtime
- Easy to clean
- Lazy river design
- Central attachment doesn’t do much
9. Bisyatta Sandbox Beach Table Toy Set
For an affordable water table and playset, the Bisyatta Sandbox Beach Table and Accessories Play Set can be a good pick. It has a good amount of built-in activities but still won’t overwhelm your little one.
Water and sand are integrated nicely in this table as the water is designed to go on the ‘river’ that goes in the outer perimeter of the table with a crossing in the center, creating two islands where the sand can be placed.
It also has a cute bridge that connects the two islands, a water wheel at the side for some splashing, and even three water stoppers. Despite its small size, it’s safe to say that it’s loaded with a good range of activities.
In addition to its design, there are also a few accessories that your child will enjoy. It comes with a few molds, a rake, and a shovel so your child can get creative with sand. It also comes with a toy boat and a watering can, so your child can also do more with the water they have on the table.
Quality-wise, this affordable product can surprise you. It’s very sturdy and made of good quality materials, so you can expect it to last a while.
- Great price
- Very sturdy construction
- Has dedicated spaces for water and sand
- Comes with a few sand molds
- Equipped with built-in mechanisms that will allow your child to play with water
- Low height requires kids to crouch or sit on the ground to play
- Quite small
10. Constructive Playthings Sand & Water Table
Constructive Playthings’ Transparent Sand & Water Table W/Lid For Kids might just be the most scientific looking water table in the market today, so it definitely deserves a spot on this list.
It features a clear acrylic basin held up by a steel frame. This construction tends to guarantee durability and long-term use as all of its materials are designed to withstand heavy use. It will also pique kids’ curiosity as they can get a full view of what they’re playing with.
Despite its lack of attachments, this product’s basin is actually multi-layered. This allows more ways for kids to play, letting their creativity take control. It’s also quite big, so it will accommodate a couple of kids in one go. As it is also equipped with two locking casters, this water table is very portable, too.
A common choice for classrooms, daycare centers, and summer camps, it can also be a good addition to your home. It can guarantee years of use, so if you have a young but growing family, you might just get a lot of use from it.
- Professional looking
- Very heavy duty and durable
- Large size will allow multiple kids to play with ease
- Nicely designed basin for more creative playtimes
- Quite expensive
11. Matty’s Toy Stop Deluxe Sand & Water Table
Parents who want versatility in their kids’ toys might also like the Matty’s Toy Stop Deluxe Sand & Water Play Table.
This product is basically just a table with two basins where you can put water or sand in. Both basins are equipped with drain plugs so you can also just easily use it as a water table.
Due to its simplicity, it can really get your kids to use their imagination during sensory play. A series of accessories are included in the package, so they can always easily find ways to enjoy.
However, as it doesn’t come with any attachments, the amount of fun your little one can get is entirely up to their creativity.
Most parents will also love that it’s very gender neutral without compromising the vibrancy of the colors it uses. It’s highly versatile, making it a fantastic option for bigger families and other applications.
- Simple design but not boring at all
- Will let your child’s imagination run wild
- Comes with a series of accessories that can be used for both water and sand
- Gender-neutral design
- Won’t distract your kids from sensory play
- Highly versatile design
- Equipped with drains on both basins
- Low height
Sensory play is one of the most enjoyable ways your child can learn through play. Getting them one of the best water tables for kids will be one of the greatest ways to bolster this.
Our eleven picks might just help you find the right match for your needs, budget, and requirements, so make sure to check them out. All of the items are widely available, so you shouldn’t have a hard time acquiring the finest playset for your precious one.
- 9 Best Binoculars for Kids – Smart Selections By Expert!
- Best Kids Play Tents – Enjoy Your Baby’s Playtime!
- Best Beach Toys For Kids – Must Have Beach Collections Listed!
- Best Sleds For Kids – Snow Fun For The LittleRiders!
- Best Kites For Kids – Top Rated Kites Reviewed!
- Best Outdoor Playhouses For Kids – Which One To Buy?