Feelfree Lure 10 Kayak Review – Take Fishing To A New Level
When most people think of kayaks, they imagine sleek, streamlined crafts that glide across the water. Unlike a canoe or a boat, you have to stay in a single position while you move, lest you tip over and get drenched.
However, just because most kayaks are like that doesn’t mean that they all are. The Feelfree Lure 10 is a remarkable model that enables you to use this kayak similarly to a canoe. This means that you can stand on it, which makes this version perfect for those who want more versatility out on the water.
It’s durable and relatively lightweight design (for its size) make the Feelfree Lure 10 a perfect buy for anyone who loves to be out on the water. Also, it’s wide berth and extra stability means that it doesn’t matter if you’re new to kayaking or you’re an old pro. Practically anyone can master this kayak.
Because of the way that you’re seated inside of a kayak, you have to make sure that you get a model that will stay comfortable for hours on end. If the seat is too firm, then you will wind up with a sore or numb behind by the time you make it to shore, particularly on long trips.
Part of what makes the Feelfree Lure 10 so unique is that it comes with this proprietary seat. You won’t find this anywhere else. The gravity seat is so remarkable because it enables you to adjust the height for whatever kind of activity you’re doing. First, you can lower it so that longer trips are much more comfortable. Second, you can raise it so that you get better leverage when casting out your line.
Not only is this seat adjustable, but it’s also super comfortable. Even if you spend all day out on the water, you won’t be complaining about how your butt feels at the end.
More than anything, this kayak is designed for fisherman. As such, you need to make sure that you can bring all of your supplies so that you can make the most of your time on the water. Fortunately, Feel free has you covered with multiple storage spots for all of your gear.
First, there are two side pockets for personal items. Second, there is a sealed hatch on the front, which will keep its contents secure and dry. Third, there’s a uni-rail with a tie-down system on the back for your heavier gear. Finally, there is even a molded holding spot for your fishing pole so that you can keep it level while you reposition yourself as needed. Overall, it doesn’t matter how long you plan to stay out there; you can bring more than enough supplies for the job.
Part of what makes this kayak so stable is the fact that it runs wider in the middle than most other models. This does pose a bit of an issue when it comes to paddling, but you should get used to the longer pole after a while.
The shape of the kayak doesn’t just make it stable for when you’re paddling, however. Since it’s built for fishing, you can also stand if necessary. There is a sanding pad and a harness so that you can remain stable even when on two feet.
Finally, the size and dimensions of the Feelfree Lure 10 allow it to carry much more weight than most other models. This kayak can hold up to 375 pounds, which is more than enough for anyone and all of their gear.
Overall, the one thing you don’t have to worry about is sinking or tipping while inside this kayak.
Six Color Options
Style and personalization can make a difference for many kayakers, as it enables them to have more of a connection to their ride. In this case, the Feelfree Lure 10 comes in six different colors: Blue, desert, pink, red, winter, and lime. All of these are part of a larger camouflage design, which makes this kayak look even cooler out on the water.
Unfortunately, if you aren’t a fan of camo, then you won’t be able to get a solid color for this kayak. However, it shouldn’t be a deal break or anything, given the versatility and reliability of this craft.
- Durable construction
- Long body for optimal kayaking
- Front hull for storage
- Patent pending gravity seat
- Sit or stand when casting
- Adjust seat for comfort
- Center console for convenience
- Six colors available
- Wide hull for better stability
- Rear uni track rail with tie-down
- Side pockets and fishing rod holders
- Holds up to 375 pounds
- Stand up leash with sanding pad
- Molded-in paddle park
- Recreational drain plug
- Wider design can be harder to paddle for some users
- Colors are only available in camouflage
- Do I need the longer paddle for this kayak, or can I use my current one that’s shorter?
- Because of the width of this model, you need a longer paddle so that you can still efficiently maneuver. I wouldn’t recommend a shorter option.
- Does this kayak come with a rudder? If not, can I mount one?
- No, it does not. Also, there is no mount for a rudder, so you would have to customize it yourself to install one.
- Is this a good kayak for older people?
- Paddling can be a bit harder because of the width, but it is very stable and won’t tip over easily. Also, it’s perfect for lounging on the water. Overall, it should be ideal for senior citizens.
When compared to other kayaks in its class, the Feelfree Lure 10 outshines almost all of them. What we really appreciate is the fact that it is so sturdy on the water. With most models, standing can be quite tricky, and sometimes requires a bit of mastery and acrobatics to make it work right. However, with this unit, almost anyone can shift back and forth without too much trouble.
We also love the gravity seat, which makes paddling and fishing so much more enjoyable. While other kayaks may prevent you from staying out too long, this one will enable you to experience the scenery much better.
- Best Kayak Helmet – Top Models Tested & Reviewed
- The Best Kayak for Kids – Which Suits Your Little One?
- Best Beginner Kayak – Top Models To Start Kayaking!
- Sea Eagle 370 Inflatable Kayak Review – Worth The Investment?
- The Perception Pescador 12 Kayak Review – Best For Beginner?