G Loomis E6x Inshore Casting Rods Review – Proper Balance & Needed Strength
If you’re a serious angler, then you know that finding the right rod is essential. This piece has to withstand the power of the fish you’re trying to catch, so if it’s not perfect in every way, you may wind up with a broken rod or a catch that got away.
Fortunately, the E6X series from G Loomis comes in a wide array of sizes, actions, and powers so that you can find the right one for your next trip. In fact, since you most likely need multiple rods for different occasions, you might even be able to get various E6X Rods and cover all of your bases.
Table of Contents
Carbon Fiber Rod
The most vital component of any fishing rod is the material of which it’s made. It has to be lightweight, strong, and flexible, and it shouldn’t be more than a single piece, lest it snaps in half as soon as you get a bite.
Thankfully, all of the E6X rods are made of carbon fiber. This is the material of choice for most anglers, and you’ll love the strength and versatility that comes with it. All of these rods are single pieces, so breakage is not something you have to worry about at all.
Multiple Sizes/Actions Available
G Loomis has you covered with the E6X because there are so many sizes and variations from which to choose. On the shorter end, you can get a 6’6” rod with a medium-light power and a slow action.
On the longer end, these rods go up to 7’6”, heavy power, and fast action. Depending on what kind of fish you’re after, you can find the right rod to get the job done.
For those who need a refresher, power refers to the stiffness of the rod, which enables you to fight back against larger and more massive fish. The action, however, refers to where the rod bends. Fast action is at the top, while the slow action is at the bottom.
Pistol Grip or Spinning Rod Handle
All of the handles offered by G Loomis are made of cork, which ensures that they are both comfortable and reliable. However, you can choose between two types of grip, depending on how you like to cast.
A pistol-grip handle is one that comes with a finger hook on the top. This provides better stability and allows you to cast with more precision. Fly fishing or baitcasting are perfect examples of where a pistol grip will come in handy. Conversely, you can get a standard grip, which is ideal for spinners and other lures.
Even though the carbon fiber construction of this rod ensures that it is already super light, G Loomis also utilizes multi-taper technology to make it even lighter. This enables you to work with the rod much better, regardless of what kind of fish you’re trying to catch.
Thankfully, even with these tapers in the material, you still don’t have to worry about it breaking or bending too much.
- Durable carbon fiber construction
- Single piece for better ability
- Available as a casting or spinning rod
- Multiple size options
- Full cork handle
- Pistol-grip or standard grip
- Multi-taper technology for strength and agility
- Durable aluminum oxide guides
- Medium to heavy power rod
- Fast to extremely fast action
- Fuji reel seat
- Highly sensitive
- Holds up to 20-pound line
- In rare cases, the guides may pull off under pressure
- Does this rod work well in saltwater?
- Yes, it’s okay for both fresh and saltwater conditions. However, the cork may need to be wiped out afterward to ensure that the salt doesn’t damage it over time.
- Can I use braided line on this rod?
- Yes, you can. In fact, the braided line makes the sensitivity even acuter, so I would highly recommend it.
- What’s the difference between the pistol and the standard grip?
- The pistol grip is designed to give you more control when casting your line. If you just want a spinning rod, then get it without the finger hook.
Considering that there is so much variety within the E6X lineup, we believe that any and all fishermen can find what they need. Whether you’re looking for something to catch small trout or largemouth bass, the E6X series can cater to your every need.
We appreciate the durability of the carbon fiber construction, as well as the solid cork handle. We love the fact that you can opt for a pistol grip if you want, and that it comes with a Fuji seat for your reel.
Overall, the E6X series from G Loomis is more than enough for any fisherman, regardless of experience or skill.
- 8 Best Catfish Rods – With Buying Guide & Comparisons
- Best Baitcasting Rods – Top Models After Thorough Tackle Test
- Best Surf Fishing Rod – Complete Buyer’s Guide
- Best Bass Fishing Rod – List From Our Tackle Test
- Best Telescoping Fishing Rod – Ultimate Guide
- Best Ice Fishing Rods – Excellent Selections by Expert!
- Finding the Best Bowfishing Reel for the Right Price