Garmin Striker 7 DV Review – CHIRP Fishfinder with GPS & DownVü Scanning Sonar
The Garmin Striker 7 DV is another powerful fish finder model that has a lot to offer any fishing fan. This particular model is built with a high impact, weather resistant casing that will keep your software and components safe under any kind of water and weather conditions.
It uses a powerful GPS system so that you can easily locate exactly where you are on a map, any time that you are out fishing. The GPS gives you the ability to track and save your favorite waypoints for revisiting later, so you can keep a database of all of your favorite fishing spots. It even indicates your boat’s current speed so that you always know how fast you are going on the water. This model also uses an integrated waypoint map so that you can view things around you such as stumps, docks and brush piles.
This finder is built with a precision CHIRP sonar system to give you a clearer image of fish around your vessel. This particular sonar uses a continuous emission of high and low frequencies to target the fish around you. This also provides you with a clearer, crisper view of and better separation between fish.
The first aspect of this finder model that we really enjoyed is that it is really durable. This model is built to endure the roughest weather or water conditions to protect is from any kind of damage, shorting or breaking.
The GPS that is integrated into this unit is stellar for giving you a place on any body of water and helping you navigate while fishing. This GPS has a built-in memory so that you can save all of your favorite fishing spots directly into the memory of your finder. This is great for returning to all of your favorite fishing spots.
The waypoint map on this model is another nice touch. This handy feature gives you the ability to view docks, stumps and brush piles so that you can boat safely and get a better view of the terrain around your vessel.
One of the greatest highlighted features of this model is the CHIRP sonar system that it uses to identify your next catch. The CHIRP system continuously emits a stream of high and low frequencies to give you a clearer view of the fish and the terrain around you. This system provides you with crisper and cleaner edges so that you can have better target distinction on screen.
Another aspect of this system that we really appreciate is the simple user interface. This model is really easy to boot up and start using immediately, and you don’t really have to do any guesswork when it comes to setting up or using the software.
- The first thing that any angler will love about this nice little fish finder is that it is built to withstand any outdoor weather conditions that you can possibly imagine. Garmin built a durable housing around this awesome fish finder to withstand any harsh marine conditions that you may face while out on the water.
- This model is also built with a high-quality GPS so that you can always find exactly where you are on any body of water, and not have to worry about getting lost. The GPS also has built-in memory so that you can save all of your favorite waypoints and fishing spots, and come back to visit them later.
- The GPS can even display your boat’s speed on the monitor so that you always know how fast you are going.
- This unit also comes with a built-in waypoint map that you can use so that you can easily view and navigate things such as brush piles, docks, and stumps
- This fishfinder uses high-quality CHIRP sonar to scan for fish around you. It sends out a continuous sweep of high and low frequencies to show you the area and the fish that are around you. The sonar unit that is built into this model is designed to give you a wider range of information while giving you a clearer, crisper view of fish arches and providing you with better target separation.
- This unit is fairly basic and standard. It doesn’t really offer any exceptional features that set it apart from the rest of the pack.
Question: Does this unit come with the transducer?
Answer: Yes, the transducer is included with this model.
Question: Does this come with a cover or case?
Answer: No, this unit does not come with a cover or case.