Garmin Striker 7sv Fish Finders Review – The Result In Our Test
If you’re familiar with fish finders, then you know that they can vary a lot in price and functionality. Also, different brands can be more reliable than others, meaning that you have to do a little bit of research to find the right one.
In this case, however, we’ve done a lot of the legwork for you. Garmin is a company that is well known for making some of the best GPS units and fish finders on the market, and the Striker 7SV is a highly capable model that will ensure that your next fishing trip is fruitful.
If you’re a serious fisherman who wants to get results, then you will love this finder. Let’s take a look at this Garmin Striker 7sv review to know how it can help you.
Table of Contents
One of the issues with low-end fishing devices is that they have such terrible screens. Either they are far too small to see what’s happening, or the image is fuzzy. Fortunately, neither of those problems exist with the Striker 7SV.
First of all, this model comes with a sizeable seven-inch screen, which makes it easy to see what’s going on, even if you switch to a split-screen mode.
Secondly, this display is in color and high-definition, meaning that you can see everything beneath your boat with crystal clarity, regardless of your position on the water.
Overall, this screen allows you to get a lot more out of this finder than you would with most other models.
CHIRP Sonar Built-In
When it comes to finding fish, the reason that the Striker 7SV is so reliable is that it comes with the industry-leading CHIRP sonar. This system provides the best imaging possible, ensuring that you can map the bottom of the lake or riverbed with ease.
This particular unit also comes with a powerful transducer, which provides excellent depth range. In fresh water, you can see up to 2,300 feet down. If you’re out on the ocean, then you can look down up to 1,100 feet below.
Part of the reason that we love the Striker 7SV so much is that it works as both a boat fish finder as well as a stationary model. So, if you enjoy fishing from the shore or over the ice, you can do so without having to buy any extra equipment.
This model comes with a vertical flasher, which enables you to see what’s happening without a mounted transducer. It transmits the data to the screen so that you still measure depth and get an idea of what kind of fish are milling about below the surface.
Although the flasher imaging is not as precise as it is when you use the boat transducer, it is still hugely beneficial, particularly for ice fishing.
Waypoints and Chartplotting
As you can imagine, a GPS system is built into this fish finder. Garmin is one of the leading navigation companies, and the Striker 7SV shows how well they can help you find your way. Not only does it offer highly sensitive tracking, but you can mark waypoints and plot your course for next time. This will save you a lot of energy since you don’t have to keep searching for the best spots each time you go out.
- Durable construction
- High-definition seven-inch display
- Vertical flasher for stationary fishing
- GPS built-in
- Chartplotting capability with waypoints
- Save and share progress wirelessly
- Track position and speed as you move on the water
- Side and down view imaging
- Monitor boat speed
- Crystal clarity
- Easy to use menu
- Displays water temperature
- Max depths: 2,300 ft (freshwater), 1,100 ft (saltwater)
- Limited map options installed
- In some cases, it may not be able to chart your course
- How waterproof is this fish finder?
- It will hold up fine against splashes and environmental conditions (except heavy rains). Just don’t let it get soaked.
- Can I use this finder for ice fishing?
- Yes, since it comes with a vertical flasher, you can optimize it for stationary fishing of any kind, including on the ice.
- What kind of mounting hardware comes with this unit?
- It has a standard swivel mounting bracket. You can find additional mounts on Garmin’s website.
Overall, the Striker 7SV is one of Garmin’s most reliable fish finders. It provides exceptional imaging, and it offers a lot of flexibility, particularly with the flasher that comes with it. If you’re a serious angler and you’re looking for a device that can make you even more productive on the water, then you will love the Striker.
- Best Ice Fishing Fish Finders – Comparison Included
- Best Fish Finders Under $300 – Buying Guide
- Best Kayak Fish Finders – Top Selections From A Boat Expert!
- 10 Best Portable Fish Finders – Top Models Compared!
- Best Fishfinder GPS Combos under $1000