20 Unique Gifts for Surfers in 2019 – Cool Gift Ideas Compared!
Struggling to find the perfect gift for a surfer that you know? No need to be worried, because there are a ton of excellent and really affordable gifts on the internet that you can get for your favorite surfer.
The best part is, you don’t have to feel obligated to get them a new suit or a board to make them happy. We are definitely going to take a look at them, but they can be hard to pick for someone else unless you know their taste and preferences really well.
Today, we are going to cover everything from boards, fins, and replacement suits to cleaning and repair materials, so that you can find the perfect gifts for the surfer you know.
Table of Contents
- Comparison on 20 Unique Gifts for Surfers
- Reviews on 20 Unique Gifts for Surfers in 2018
- 1. DarkFin Webbed Power Swimming Gloves (1 Pair) for Men
- 2. SLYDE Wedge Body Surfing Handboard / Handplane
- 3. SSLR Men's Cotton Button Down Short Sleeve Hawaiian Shirt
- 4. Casio Men's W800H-1AV Classic Sport Watch
- 5. Reef Men's Rover Sandal
- 6. NeoSport Wetsuits Premium Neoprene 5/3mm Vented Bib Hood
- 7. O'Neill Wetsuits Mens 3/2mm Reactor Full Suit
- 8. Underwater Kinetics HangAir Hanger w/Built in Fan
- 9. Best Choice Products Surfing Surf Beach Ocean Body Foamie Board Surfboard
- 10. McNett Essentials Seal Cement Neoprene Contact Adhesive
- 11. Gear Aid Wetsuit Shampoo Booties Gloves Drysuit Surfing
- 12. SBS 10" Surf & SUP Fin - Free No Tool Fin Screw - 10 inch Center Fin for Longboard, Surfboard & Paddleboard
- 13. Santa Barbara Surfing SBS - No Tool Stainless Steel Fin Screw for Longboard and SUP
- 14. SeaSpecs Classic Extreme Sports 100% UVA & UVB Sunglasses
- 15. EcoVessel Surf Glass Water Bottle with Protective Silicone Sleeve and Flip Straw Top
- 16. Waterproof Removable Universal Car Bucket Seat Cover
- 17. Microfiber Towel - Beach & Travel
- 18. Waterproof Backpack - by Cor Surf | With Padded Laptop Sleeve | 25L and 40L | Dry Bag Backpack for Travel, Cycling, Camping, Hiking, Kayak, Rafting or Surf
- 19. Own the Wave 'Beach Attack Pack' - Wave Weapon Super Lightweight Body-Board
- 20. WiFi Action Camera Waterproof Cameras - HD 1080P Underwater Camera Diving 98FT Camcorder with 19PCS Accessories
- Final Verdict
Comparison on 20 Unique Gifts for Surfers
Best Choice Products
Santa Barbara Surfing
Santa Barbara Surfing
Dock & Bay
COR Board Racks
Own the Wave
Reviews on 20 Unique Gifts for Surfers in 2018
These Darkfin webbed power gloves are a really cool gift for any surfing fan.
The webbed fingers on these gloves give you wider surface area coverage in the water, so that you get more push out of every stroke when you paddle.
These gloves are incredibly lightweight, and are designed so that they won’t absorb water and get heavy while you are out on the water.
Another nice feature of these gloves is that they don’t get slippery when they are wet. They maintain traction so that you don’t slip off of your board. This glove is meant to be perfectly contoured to your hand so that you that it’s comfortable.
- These gloves fit really comfortably on your hand and are lightweight
- They won’t absorb water and get heavy
- Great for increasing the power of your strokes
- They don’t get slippery when they are wet
- You need to order a larger size than you think you need
- They take some time to put on
If you have someone special in your life who is really into body surfing, these Slyde Handboards are a really awesome gift idea.
Handboards are really fun in general for elevating the enjoyment of body surfing by giving you a smoother, faster ride.
These handboards are awesome for all ages and sizes, and tend to work best with waves that range between 1-7 feet in height.
What you will really love about these handboards is that they come with a GoPro mounting plug and leash plug attachment. That way, you can take awesome video while you surf without having to worry about losing your camera. These handboards are built to last to, and are constructed to the same quality standard as many surfboards.
- One year warranty
- Mount and leash for your GoPro
- Super portable
- Extremely durable
- Great for body surfing enthusiasts
- May not be the best fit for larger or taller adults
If you know a surfer that likes to hit the beach in style, it would be hard to pass up on these gorgeous and comfortable flower button down shirts.
They are made from 100% cotton and can either be machine washed or hand washed, based on your personal preference. They are straight-fit shirts with pretty standard thickness, and are really comfortable to wear.
What we love about these shirts are that the print designs on each cover the entire surface of the shirt, including the collar and the sleeves. They come in all different sizes, colors, and patterns, so you are bound to find the perfect one for a gift.
- Machine or hand wash friendly
- 100% cotton
- Good thickness
- Perfect for the surfer that you know and love
- Tons of different styles, patterns, and colors
- They tend to fit small, so size accordingly
It can be so easy to lose track of time while you are out riding waves. Every surfer should have a watch that they can use while they are surfing. This Casio Men’s Classic Sport Watch can be the perfect gift for the surfer that you know.
It is a simple design that is easy to read, and includes a illumination feature so that you have no problem reading it at night.
Don’t worry about getting it wet either, it is water resistant up to 100 meters. It comes with a dual time feature, a multifunction alarm, and a snooze feature as well. It has an automatic calendar and a 10 year battery life, so you don’t have to worry about replacing the battery anytime soon.
- Sleek and slim design
- Waterproof up to 100 meters
- Easy to read
- Alarm and snooze functions
- Automatic calendar built into the watch
- 10 year battery life
- The band tends to get dirty pretty quickly, so you should clean it regularly
When you are at the beach, you always need a comfortable pair of sandals or flip flops that you can wear on the hot sand. That’s what makes the Reef Men’s Rover Sandal a excellent gift for your beloved surfer.
This has a soft rubber sole with triple dense, compression molded construction so that you don’t even have to break them in for them to be comfortable.
Offers the perfect amount of foot support and traction. They also have a soft textile liner for extra comfort, and a high density rubber outsole for foot protection and added durability.
- Super durable
- Added comfort from the triple dense rubber sole
- Compression molded construction
- Water resistant
- You don’t even have to break them in
- They make your feet sweat quite a bit
If you happen to know a cold weather surfer, this neoprene vented bib hood might be the perfect gift for them. It is a ⅗ mm thick hood for protection, comfort, and warmth.
The hood is vented to allow bubbles to escape through the top of the hood, without letting water back into it. The seams are glued and sewn together to keep your head protected from cold water entry.
- Extremely durable
- Simple construction
- Allows the diffusion of bubbles without taking on water
- Thick, comfortable, and provides warmth while in cold water.
- The neck hole is a little largeIt can sometimes have trouble letting bubbles escape
Just in case you want to go the extra mile and give your surfer a really cool gift, you could always get them another wetsuit.
The O’Neil Men’s Reactor full suit may be the perfect addition to your surfer’s wardrobe.
It has a single, super seal neck for keeping cold water out.
This suit has integrated knee pads, so that you don’t have to worry about wearing out your knees while surfing. This suit also comes in a variety of different colors, styles, and sizes to suit your surfers personality and needs, on the water.
- Goes on easily
- Super comfortable
- Keeps you warm while you are in cold water
- Plenty of different sizes and styles to suit your surfer
- The velcro on the suit is low quality
- The suit can come unzipped pretty easily
An awesome gift idea for your surfer is something that can dry your suit faster, so that you aren’t always putting on a wetsuit from your last surf session.
With the UK HangAir Drying system, it only takes a matter of hours to dry a soaked wet suit.
Normally, just lying or hanging your wetsuit out to dry can take days.
This system comes with a waterproof fan that pushes 120 cubic feet of air per minute, to dry your suit in record time. It even has an adjustable switch so that you can change the level of airflow. This unit is totally safe, and uses low voltage via a VAC universal wall adapter to power the fan. The shoulders are built wide so that it doesn’t damage the fabric of your suit.
- Dries your suit in just a matter of hours
- Safe, low voltage VAC power and universal wall adapter
- Fan that pushes a high volume of air through your wetsuit
- Different power selection modes
- Fan is totally waterproof
- Safe for your wetsuit
- May take longer than just a few hours to dry your suit
Does know someone who is just wanting to get started with surfing? If that’s the case, why not get them a new foam bodyboard.
This model comes with a free leash and a traction pad, and is the perfect gift for beginner adults and children.
The fins are totally removable so that you can transport the board easily.
- Six foot tall board that is great for adults and kids
- Perfect for beginners
- Traction pad included
- Free leash included
- Detachable fins for easy transport
- The colors on this board tend to wear off easily
- The screws on the fins will loosen pretty easily, as well
Anyone who has been surfing for a while knows that there is some wear and tear involved with the sport. In that case, you always want to be prepared, and having some Seal Cement to do that is essential for surfers.
This is the perfect gift for patching up holes in wetsuits and drysuits. This is great for repairs in the field, and quickly dries in 10 minutes of use.
- Great for repairing tears in your suit
- Excellent for patching up holes
- Compact and easy to take on the beach
- Dries in ten minutes
- Results may vary depending on the details of your rip or tear
Also Read: Cool Gifts for Hikers Who Love To Explore
Cleaning is a massive responsibility when it comes to maintaining your surfing gear. A nice little addition to throw into a gift box or basket would be McNett WetSuit Shampoo for surfing.
This shampoo is perfectly scientifically balanced to treat neoprene wetsuits and watersports gear. It is also great for boots and gloves to.
After use, your neoprene wetsuit should be totally free of salt deposits and organic residue and bacteria that can deteriorate your wetsuit. The shampoo will help maintain your wetsuit and protect it from premature aging.
- Easy to use
- Perfect for neoprene wetsuits and surfing gear
- Gets rid of salt deposits in your suit
- Cleans bacteria and prevents bacterial build-up
- Slows the aging and deterioration of your wetsuit
- Kind of expensive for the small size of the bottle
Having an extra fin or two laying around is never a bad idea when you are a surfer. If you want to make sure that your surfer is prepared for anything, you may want to think about getting them an extra fin for their surfboard.
This is a large fin that is perfect for surfboards, longboards, and paddle boards. Works with any surfboard that has an 8.5 inch or 10.5 inch fin box.
It seems that some of the only boards that these fins aren’t compatible with are inflatable SUPs. This also comes with a free no-tool fin screw for easing mounting.
- Perfect for all sizes of surfboards and longboards
- Fits all boards with an 8.5 inch or 10.5 inch fin box
- Easy, tool-free install
- Works with huge variety of models, sizes, and brands
- Fits most boards, but does not fit all boards or inflatable SUPs
If you decide to give your surfer another hardware upgrade, these SBS no-tool stainless steel fin screws are great for surfboards and longboards.
The great thing is that you never need a tool for installing or adjusting these screws. You can simply hand adjust them to tighten them or loosen them. They are totally rust proof, and are great for both fresh and saltwater.
These durable and easy-to-use screws are built to work with 99% of all boarding equipment including SUPs, longboards, surfboards, and single fin models. They come in packs of three.
- These work for 99% of boards on the market
- Stainless steel, rust-proof design
- No tools need to adjust or install them
- Comes in a three pack
- For a few types of boards, the screws are a little too short
Does your surfer need a better way to protect their eyes from the sun while they are surfing? If they do, these SeaSpecs might be the perfect gift for them.
These are built for all kinds of extreme sports, surfing included. They have an adjustable, non-removable strap that fits comfortably on your face and does not rub you the wrong way.
You can easily adjust the strap with one hand. These glasses have polarized, impact resistant lenses that are built to get rocked, and offer 100% UVB and UVA protection. The frames are also ventilated so they don’t get fogged up.
- Fog resistant and vented
- 100% resistant to harmful rays
- Strap that adjusts easily and is permanently attached to the glasses
- Comfortable and doesn’t irritate your face or ears
- What they serve in function, they lack in style points
You can lose a significant amount of fluids while you are surfing in salt water. Therefore, hydration is essential for every serious surfer.
This glass water bottle offers the high quality of a glass water bottle, with the durability of a silicone coating so that you don’t have to worry about it breaking. Has a screw cap and a wide mouth so that it is easy to fill up, clean, and add ice cubes to your water.
These bottles are made from premium materials, 60% of which is recycled glass, are chemical free, and dishwasher safe.
- Chemical free and recycled glass
- Silicone coating to prevent the glass from breaking
- Wide mouth that is easy to fill, clean, and add ice cubes too
- Totally dishwasher safe
- Because the bottle is made of high quality glass, it is pretty heavy
It can be a huge pain in your butt when you get back to your car from surfing and you are soaking wet.
Most of the time, that moisture gets carried over into the car and soaks our seats.
These waterproof seat savers are great for keeping your seats clean and dry.
You can take off or put on this cover in seconds.
It is totally machine washable. It is made up of PVC and polyester so that it is absorbs and deflects water well and is also comfortable. Comes in different colors.
- Perfect for keeping your seat dry
- Take it off or put it on in seconds
- Different colors available
- Machine washable
- Isn’t the most comfortable
- Comes in packs of one
When you are a surfer, you can never have enough towels. These Dock & Bay microfiber beach towels are the perfect gift to keep your surfer dry.
There design gives them the ability to dry quickly, and it comes with a carry pouch that you can use to store your towel and any personal items. It dries quickly because it is 80% polyester and 20%. This towel folds and stores compactly and easily.
- Quick drying design
- 80% polyester
- Stores easily and quickly
- Carry bag included
- The fabric is pretty slick and doesn’t absorb that well
It is never a bad idea to have some waterproof transportation and storage for your gear while you are out surfing.
That’s why getting a surfer you know a COR Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack is an awesome gift idea.
This bag rolls up and compacts easily so that you can store it and take it anywhere.
It is 100% waterproof and is great for keeping your belongings dry, especially things like your phone, tablet, or computer. This backpack has plenty of storage space, and comes in 25 liters or 40 liters. It will even float if it is dropped in the water.
- 100% waterproof bag
- Will float if it’s dropped in the water
- Comfortable to wear
- Rolls up and stores easily
- Sleeve for your laptop
- The outside pocket is water resistant, not waterproof.
Getting a new bodyboard is at the top of the gift lists of serious bodyboard surfers. This board is super lightweight and durable, and comes in either purple or blue.
It comes with instructions on how to install your leash and fin tethers, so that you aren’t left guessing.
What is wonderful about this board is that if your surfer doesn’t like it.
It comes with defects, it comes with a factor guarantee that is good for 12 months. So you can either get a full refund or get your board replaced.
- Comes with instructions
- Comes in different colors and sizes
- Affordable option, but not the quality of a pro bodyboard
One of the best parts about surfing is all of the memories that you make while you are riding waves. There are few things better than getting some of your best rides recorded on camera, which makes this waterproof camera an excellent gift option for the surfer you know.
This comes with all of the accessories that you need to attach it to your surfboard, and the waterproof case is included.
It shoots in full HD 1080 P and captures your video with a 170 degree angle. It has tons of awesome settings like time-lapse and an anti-shaking mode so that you can capture the perfect video.
- Fully waterproof casing
- Shoots in 1080 P
- Captures at a 170 degree angle
- Lots of great modes for shooting the perfect video
- Comes with all the attachments you need to mount it to your board
- Wifi enabled so that you can easily upload and share your video and pictures
- The app that you have to use with it isn’t that great
As you can see from the list of unique gifts for surfers, there are a ton of great gifts that you can get for the surfer that you know. To make that gift even more perfect, it just depends on what they need specifically and doing a little digging to find out what they need. Regardless, you now have a fairly comprehensive list from wetsuits and boards to watches and repair materials that you can get your surfer to make the perfect gift.