Lowrance Elite 7 TI Fishfinder Review – Worth The Investment?
The Lowrance Elite 7 has many features that make it unique from other finders in its caliber. This particular model features a seven inch, high quality, backlit, LED display so that you can easily navigate and read any and all information from your fish finder. This unit uses three complementary types of sonar to give you the clearest and crispest image possible of the fish and the water around your boat.
It features built-in memory and TrackBack technology so that you can revisit previous waypoints. I have a built-in GPS that gives you access to an entire map of the united states. Lowrance also gives you the ability to connect wirelessly to their cloud network so that you can purchase, download and use additional maps from them or third parties. This feature gives you the ability to get more maps on the spot, as you need them.
It comes with a quick-release bracket which makes it easy to map, and also has an SD card slot so that you can expand the memory of your device, and save more information to it.
This model features a seven-inch touch screen that is totally backlit and is powered by LED lighting. It is really easy to use and navigate so that you don’t have to struggle with the hardware or software while you are fishing.
This unit is a triple threat when it comes to the amount of sonar power that it uses. This model uses three different types of sonar including DownScan Imaging, StructureScan HD, and CHIRP Sonar to give you the clearest possible view of the fish and domain around your boat.
This unit comes stock with a precision GPS system that puts an entire map of the US at your disposal. It is fully loaded with maps of bodies of water around the entire country so that you can track and navigate during your fishing excursions.
A cool and unique feature of this particular fish finder is that it allows you to connect wirelessly to Lowrance’s cloud system. This gives you the ability to instantly access, buy, download and use maps from them or third parties, and it really handy if you are exploring new bodies of water.
TrackBack Technology and Memory
The TrackBack technology and built-in memory make this finder unit excellent for tracking data. It saves all of your relevant GPS and sonar information so that you can revisit your favorite fishing spots from your latest fishing trips.
- The first feature that you will notice when you look at this fish finder is the high-quality screen. It has a seven inch backlit, full color, LED display that presents all of the fishing information beautifully. It makes it really easy to read and interpret information provided by your fish finder unit.
- The screen is touch sensitive, which makes it easy to use and is really similar to the operation to your smartphone, mobile device or tablet.
- This model uses three different types of sonar and imaging to give you the clearest view possible of the fish that are around your boat. This unit utilizes a combination of StructureScan HD, CHIRP Sonar and DownScan Imaging to give you the crispest and clearest possible view and separation of fish.
- This fishfinder uses TrackBack technology so that you can revisit the recorded data from your DownScan and SideScan from your most recent fishing trips. You can review the structure of your fish targets and mark select waypoint locations from your trip.
- This model features a serious GPS that includes an entire map of the US and an internal GPS antenna so that you can always track and record the area around you.
- Another feature that you may like about this fish finder is that it has optional chart upgrades, which include Nautic Insight PRO and HD, Lake Insight, Fishing HotSpots Pro and Navionics HotMaps Premium. If you are looking for global chart upgrades you can get Jeppesen C-MAP MAX-N and Navionics +.
- We really liked that this particular unit also has the ability to connect wirelessly to your GoFree Cloud. You can immediately buy, download and use additional maps from third parties and partners using this feature.
- It comes with a quick-release bracket which makes it easy to mount
- This unit also comes with a microSD card slot so that you can expand the memory of your unit and save more information to it.
- Be wary of customer service if you buy this model. Lowrance doesn’t seem like they are the most attentive or caring when it comes to fixing and replacing their products.
Question: Is the transducer included?
Answer: No, you will have to purchase the transducer separately.
Question: Does it come with a mounting bracket?
Answer: Yes, it comes with a bracket.
- Hummingbird Helix 10 Review
- Garmin Striker 4 Review
- Humminbird Helix 9 Review
- Best Fish Finder GPS Combo Units – Comparison Included
- Best Handheld GPS For Fishing & Hunting – Top Selections