Pelican Catch 120 Kayak Review – Worth The Investment?
The Pelican Catch 120 is a one of a kind kayak that has a lot to offer. This long and wide kayak provides plenty of room for the comfortability of any angler. The weight limit of this kayak goes up to 400 pounds, so you have plenty of weight to store you and any gear and supplies that you need to take with you for a long or short day of fishing. The seat of this kayak is also wide to give you plenty of room to get comfortable.
The seat can even adjust to two different seating positions so that you can adjust the level of comfort that you have while you are fishing. You even have an adjustable footrest that you can use to give your feet and legs more comfortability while you are fishing. In addition, it has plenty of other features and accessories that any angler can appreciate that will make your fishing experience more comfortable, more efficient and more enjoyable.
Table of Contents
Long and Wide Seat and Adjustable Foot Rests
As we mentioned in the introduction of this kayak, this model spares no expense when it comes to giving you the maximum amount of comfort while you are fishing. The seat is wide to give you plenty of room and comfort while you are fishing. You can even change the seat between two adjustable positions for even more comfort, and you can adjust the footrests to make it more comfortable for your legs and hips while fishing.
Another great feature about this kayak is that it has plenty of space for your rod and all of your gear while you are fishing. It even has rod holders that you can set your rod in while you are fishing, or you can just rest them there when you aren’t fishing. Thankfully, the rod holders even have tie-downs for your rods so that you don’t have to worry about losing your rod if you happen to get hold of a big fish, that catches you off guard. It is really handy and useful having rod holders that give you a place to rest your rods and give you more space for storage on your kayak.
The body of this kayak is made from RAM-X technology which gives this kayak ton of strength and durability for any kind of water conditions. This kayak is both durable and lightweight, making it really easy to transport, put into the water and take out of the water. The body of this kayak makes it much easier for the angler to paddle in and it cuts through the water smoothly so that you don’t get fatigued when you spend long days of fishing on the water. The premium body of this kayak makes it really comfortable for the angler and gives you plenty of room to fish and store all of your gear.
Plenty of Storage
The premium body of this kayak brings us to our net point, which is that this kayak gives you plenty of room to store all of your fishing gear and supplies. This kayak uses a bungee storage system and a large storage compartment that gives you space for all of your fishing gear, plus you have room for food and water for those long days on the water. You even have onboard storage for your paddle and rods so that you don’t have to hold onto them or balance them on your kayak when you are fishing.
One aspect of this kayak that we really like is that it comes with plenty of storage for any of your onboard kayak essentials and any additional equipment that you may need while fishing.
Things We Liked
- This is a sit-on-top kayak that makes it really comfortable for the angler to sit in for a long or short day of fishing out on the water
- This single person kayak has two flush-mounted rod holders, which give your rods a sturdy base to sit in while you are waiting on your catch of the day
- This kayak even comes with tie-downs so that you can make sure that you keep your rods securely in place, the entire time that you are fishing. They’ll hold up to some strong fish when they are pulling on your line.
- The RAM-X technology that is used to make this kayak is one-of-a-kind and patented. This particular kayak is built for durability and years of fishing. It’s fairly lightweight for the amount of fortitude and strength that this kayak provides. This kayak is built for high-performance fishing for anglers of all levels.
- The tunnel hull on this kayak provides plenty of stability. You won’t ever feel like you are losing control of your kayak, no matter how strong the fish is or how choppy the water can get on windy days.
- This kayak is built with a wide, stable platform that gives you plenty of stability while you are fishing
- Another nice feature of this kayak is that it has an adjustable seat that you can change to two different positions for maximum comfort
- This kayak comes with a molded paddle holder and a paddle, so that you don’t have to worry about getting a paddle separately when you purchase this kayak
- This kayak also comes with plenty of storage to accommodate all of your gear. The storage center even has a quick-lock hatch that you can use to tightly and securely store any additional supplies or gear that you need to bring with you.
- It even comes with a bungee storage system, to securely tighten any additional gear down with bungee cables
- This model has a built-in handy cup holder for convenience and hydration while you are fishing
- It has a drain plug that makes it really easy to get any excess water out of your kayak
Things We Didn’t Like
- Not as high of a weight limit as other kayaks in its class
- No room or mount for a fishfinder
Question: Does this kayak come with a paddle?
Answer: Unfortunately, this model comes with a paddle holder, but no paddle.
Question: Is their a mount for a fishfinder?
Answer: No, there doesn’t appear to be an onboard mount for one.
Overall, this is a reliable kayak with tons of space to store all of your essential equipment including your rods, paddles and anything else that you would need while you are fishing. The RAM-X body is incredibly durable and easily cuts through the water no matter what the weather or water conditions are.