Pflueger President Spinning Reel Review – Worth The Investment?
Pflueger president spinning reel is offering world-class performance with an affordable price tag. This fishing reel ensures extreme durability and smooth drag that every seasoned anglers demand. Let’s look into the details of what this fishing reel has to offer.
The first thing that we noticed when observing this model was the quality that goes into the bearing system. This spinning reel uses nine stainless steel ball bearings to give you the smoothest action when casting and reeling in.
Depending on what type of material reels are made with, they can be out of balance, too light, or too clunky. Thankfully, this reel from Pflueger uses a perfectly balanced, durable, and lightweight graphite body and rotor. The graphite material that is used to make the bulk of this really makes for a great protective casing for your reel, making it durable to impact and all kinds of weather.
When it comes to getting the right reel for yourself, you need to make sure that you have a reliable spool that keeps your line managed and wrapped up properly while you are fishing. Fortunately, this Pflueger reel comes with a machined, ported, and double anodized Braid ready aluminum spool. This aluminum spool will keep your line perfectly wrapped around your spool so that you have no issues with casting or reeling.
We would be remiss not to mention the drag system that you are getting with this reel. The drag system uses a stainless steel, oiled felt washer and uses a smooth multi-disc drag system. This will help keep your line intact, even with the most powerful or sudden jerk from a fish. The drag system will keep your line from snapping by letting the line slip out slowly, instead of keeping it completely locked down.
What’s another nice touch is the added on/off instant anti-reverse bearing? This simple bearing will help keep your drag wheel from turning backward and will engage your drag so that you don’t snap your fishing line when you catch something.
Things We Liked
- The nine bearing system on this model makes for really easy casting and reeling, for any angler
- The graphite body offers a really durable and lightweight design that is really comfortable to hold, and won’t fatigue your hand on long fishing trips.
- The spool is great for keeping your line organized so that you don’t have a mess of line everywhere
- The drag system and anti-reverse bearing are great for making sure that you hold onto your catch, without snapping a line
Things We Didn’t Like
- The crank can get a little wobbly when you are reeling in your catch
FAQ -Some pre-selling Questions and Answers about the particular product
Question: What are the differences between the 20 and 25 models of this reel?
Answer: The 25 is larger than the 20, and can hold more line.
Question: Can this spool handle a braided line?
Answer: Yes, the spool on this reel will have no problem with the braided line
- Finding the Best Bowfishing Reel for the Right Price
- Best Trolling Reels – Top Models Reviewed
- Best Ice Fishing Reel – Unbiased Reviews & Comparison
- Penn Clash Spinning Fishing Reel Review – Should You Buy?
- Shimano Sedona Spinning Reel Review – Better Propulsion Line Management System