Vibe Sea Ghost 130 Kayak Review – Should You Buy One?
To kick this review off, let’s take a look at one of the top performing fishing kayaks from Sea Ghost. The sea ghost has a durable, lightweight body with plenty of room for storage and all of your gear. It even has some really nice features that give you added control of your kayak, and help conserve your energy for long fishing trips.
Table of Contents
The Vibe Hero seat provides the maximum amount of comfort while you are fishing. It gives you plenty of support, padding, and space so that you are never uncomfortable, even during those long days when you are out on the water for hours at a time. What you may also enjoy about this kayak is that it gives you the ability to cast from a standing position. This kayak is perfectly balanced to give you plenty of support so that you can stand up while you cast into the water.
If you are worried about the weight capacity of this kayak, don’t sweat it. This model can effectively hold fisherman plus their gear up to a max weight of 550 pounds. You have plenty of strength and durability in the body of the kayak, and a lot of extra weight so that you can store gear and supplies for your next fishing trip.
Toe Controlled Rudder System
Another feature that we really enjoyed about this particular kayak is that it has an additional control feature, that is unique to this model. The Sea Ghost has a toe controlled rudder system that gives you more control over your kayak, especially when you are in less than ideal fishing conditions.
The toe control rudder system gives you additional control of your kayak when you are on rough or choppy waters. This features it really handy when you are going up against bad weather or a ton of wind when you are out on the water. The rudder controls will help you conserve energy while you are paddling on choppy waters, and will give more control for negotiating wakes and waves.
Another aspect of this kayak that you will really enjoy is that it gives you plenty of space for your gear, fishing, tools and any technology that you have onboard. This kayak, in particular, has a special port that allows you to easily mount your fishfinder, so you won’t have to be concerned about holding it and dropping it into the water.
Having a fishfinder while you are fishing on your kayak is really handy for navigation purposes, and finding the areas that are most densely populated with fish. Having a port that makes your fishfinder visible and within reach is another reason that we really like this kayak.
Remember what we were saying about all the additional storage space? The center console on this kayak gives you, even more, room to store additional gear and equipment. It is also great for those long days on the water when you need to pack water and food for your fishing trip.
This kayak even comes with four integrated gear racks that you can use to store even more gear and equipment. If you want to bring extra rods, reels, line, and any other kind of fishing gear that you think that you may need, this kayak has plenty of room for you and all of your equipment.
Things We Liked
- The first thing that we loved about this fishing kayak is the amount of space that it provides for the fisherman. The Vibe Hero seat provides plenty of comfort and space for those long days on the water
- The extra-wide hull on this kayak gives you multiple times more stability than other fishing kayaks, which makes this kayak perfect for fishing on the river, a lake, or even out in the surf
- This kayak has extra rod holders so that you have plenty of space for all of your rods while you are fishing
- It has a large rear tank well for plenty of additional storage while you are out fishing
- You will love the foot controlled rudder system which gives you ample control over your kayak, even when you are wrestling with the biggest catch or rough waters
- You have front and rear hatches that are all within arms reach so that you always have quick and easy access to all of your equipment.
- This kayak also comes with tackle tray holders that are conveniently located so that you can swap out or attach your tackle to your line with ease
- This kayak also has a center console which gives you, even more, storage options for gear when you are on the water. It also gives you plenty of space to pack food, snacks, and water while you are out on long fishing trips
- The rudder on this kayak is great for helping you save energy on those long days when the conditions on the water are rough, choppy, and windy.
- This is made of durable and lightweight rotomolded, single piece, polyethylene which makes it easy to stow, move, and get on or off of the water.
Things We Didn’t Like
- This kayak is a little pricey for what you are getting, but it is providing a lot of quality.
Question: Are you able to stand up and cast while you are in this kayak?
Answer: Yes, you can stand up while you cast in the Sea Ghost 130.
Question: What is the size of this kayak?
Answer: The length of the kayak is 13 feet long and the width is 33 inches wide.
Question: What is the maximum weight capacity of this kayak?
Answer: This kayak can effectively hold a passenger and gear with a cumulative weight of up to 550 pounds.
Overall, this is a large, durable, easy to use kayak that has a lot to offer. The durable and lightweight rotomolded polyethylene construction makes this kayak perfect for fishing in any type of water and weather, during any time of the year. The materials of this kayak make it really easy to transport, and even easier to get on and off of the water.
The Vibe Hero seat on this fishing kayak is really comfortable and gives you plenty of space so that you are never uncomfortable for those long fishing days, on the water. The toe controlled rudder system is another nice feature on this kayak and gives you ample control so that you can save energy when kayaking and fishing in the rough water, high winds, and choppy conditions.
We really appreciate that this kayak has a handy port that you can easily and securely mount your fishfinder on so that you can make sure that you never miss a good opportunity. This model is perfect for long fishing days and trips because it has plenty of room that you can use to store additional rods, tackle, food, water, and plenty of supplies to keep you prepared.
- Old Town Predator 13 Review
- Pelican Catch 120 Review
- The Best Duck Hunting Kayaks of 2019 – Guideline For Beginners
- Best Beginner Kayak – Top Models To Start Kayaking!
- Best Kayak Seats On The Market – Top 7 Models Reviewed