Yeti Tundra 45 Review – Cooler Combines Versatility with Durability
In the world of coolers, most of us don’t expect much. Most models out there these days are designed as more of a repository than a refrigerator. This means that they don’t really keep your contents that cold, nor are they built the handle the rigors of everyday life.
Yeti, on the other hand, believes that coolers should be both reliable and versatile. That’s why the Tundra series is such a remarkable feat of engineering. When you look at this cooler and compare it to most of the other ones on the market, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by what you find. Let’s take a peek inside.
Table of Contents
Large 45-Liter Capacity
Do you love to party? What about camping? In either case, it’s imperative that you have enough room to store all of your essential supplies, right? The Tundra 45 is one of the largest models that Yeti offers, meaning that you can bring a lot more than you might expect.
With 45 liters of storage, you can fit up to 26 cans of beer inside this cooler. However, that is according to Yeti, and that number is based on the ratio of two parts ice to one part beverages. So, if you use dry ice, for example, you can fit over 30 cans in here.
Whether you’re trying to be the life of the party or you’re planning an extra long vacation, this cooler will last longer than anything else.
After a few hours of sitting out in the sun, how much ice would you expect to have left in your average cooler? For most models, you’ll have more of an ice bath than anything else, which means that your items will get soggy rather fast.
The Tundra, by comparison, is designed to hold ice at an optimum temperature for as long as possible. You can drop a bag in there and then come back the next day, and it will still be there. Sure, there’ll be some water on the bottom, but you’ll be impressed by how little there is.
When you go out camping, how much of your gear comes back unscathed? Yeah, we thought so. However, while most equipment for the outdoors is built to handle some rough handling, coolers are not. A little drop will either spill half of your contents or cause the top to come flying off.
Yeti, however, has taken things in the opposite direction. In fact, they built the Tundra 45 so strong that it can withstand a bear attack. Think about that for a second. They designed this cooler so that a massive apex predator won’t be able to steal your food inside. That’s dedication to quality right there.
If anything, the cooler will have some scratches on it, and you’ll have a cool story to tell your friends.
Also Read: The Best Electric Coolers
Dry Ice Compatible
We mentioned using dry ice instead of regular ice so that you can put more cans inside. Most coolers are not capable of doing that, but this one is. Not only will it enable you to bring more beer to the party, but it will even create the cool fog effect so that you can pretend that you’re pulling your drinks out of a magical cauldron.
- Extra durable construction
- Large capacity cooler
- Holds up to 26 cans
- Permafrost insulation
- Rubber gasket liner installed
- Two rope handles with rubber grips
- Non-slip feet
- Easy to use drain valve
- Three color options (blue, tan, and white)
- Heavy-duty latching system
- Notches for tie-downs
- Dry ice compatible
- Leakproof design
- Can be quite heavy when full
- In rare cases, the unit may not insulate much better than other models
- Does this cooler come with a dry goods basket?
- Yes, fortunately, Yeti supplies all of its coolers with this additional part.
- How heavy is this cooler when empty?
- According to the manufacturer, it is approximately 23 pounds with nothing inside.
- What are the exterior dimensions of the cooler?
- At its widest point, this model is 15.5 inches by 16 inches by 25.5 inches.
Although this size might be too big for some people, we have to say that we’re impressed with the overall functionality. Yeti has taken something so innocuous and turned it into an absolute beast. When compared to other coolers, there really is no way that you can say that the Tundra doesn’t smash the competition. Overall, we highly recommend this to anyone.
- Best Lunch Cooler – Lunch Box that Keeps Food Cold the Longest
- Best Camping Cooler – Our Top Choices
- Best Wheeled Cooler – Quality Coolers with Wheels & Handles
- Igloo Sportsman 55 Cooler Review – Better Than Yeti?
- Yeti Tundra 45 Review – Cooler Combines Versatility with Durability